MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Checking in from North Platte,NE

Hi everyone,

First, Reci, I'm so sorry about your loss and your illness. We've all had losses and it never gets easier to handle. I'll pray for you and yours as a loss usually affects everyone around you.

We stopped here to see about work and DH is on another computer right now. I won't have a problem but I can't look until he finds something. We may go to Oglala or continue on to SD is nothing here. We've seen a large number of homeless people for this size town.

On the way here we saw a pair of pheasants, a gopher and a live skunk( usually just see the dead ones). I didn't know there were hills in Kansas or Nebraska but there are and it was a beautiful drive!

My love to all. More later

Miki

Guest Guest

I've been to North Platte and Ogallala both. Hope you're having a great adventure and like Momo said, enjoy the scenery!

Keep in touch and let us know what you're up to.

Hi Snowmom,

I guess what I thought was the Great Plains was really Sandhills,huh? It was very beautiful. I know people think that of FL but allI see is billboards and I'm thankful there are few of them here! We are supposed to go to Bowbells,ND but I'm not sure when. We just got to Pierre,SD yesterday and found a park to stay at for $6 a day.

Talk to you soon----Miki

Your Best Days Are Ahead!

Hi Debbielee,

It's a lot of fun but it has its challenges. It's not easy to get a new job every few months. At least i don't have to work but sitting in a 25 ft rv can get boring fast. If I don't find something here in Pierre, I'll just go to the community center and find something to do volunteering or something. The trans. in the van had to be rebuilt again but we're getting some money back from the guy in TX who did a bad job. This time it's good!! Any way the travel is what I thought it would be (great) but I didn't know what all the trade-off would be. Very little money for things or entertainment. I'm not whining. I'm just learning to be more creative with what I have!

Mik

Your Best Days are Ahead!