MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Welcome to May

winknasmile

Happy May Day Everyone :bouquet:

This has been such an odd year with the weather that I'm hoping May will be what May is supposed to be. It's one of the nicest months of the year here so normal would be nice! We'll see.

My babysitting the grands went well yesterday. They are such fun and we really had a good time. Mom got home about 5:45 instead of 6:30 so I still got to be outside an hour or two before dark.

I planted carrots and watermelons. Then I took a mile walk and came in around dusk and just felt downright refreshed and content. Amazing what a day of sun will do for my outlook on life.

Tonight I have to go to Weight Watcher's and face the music. Won't be a loss I'm afraid but I was just on the scale and it wasn't as bad as I feared.

Let us know what's happening in your neck of the woods today......... :gathering:

:bighug2:

Already made chicken broth and burger and rice to add to dog food, saute`ed bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, and tomato for dh to add to his breakfast and have the noodles cooked and veggies chopped for pasta salad.

That's it so far. I'm sure I will come up with something more! And thanks for getting us back on track with the daily diary, Wink!

OK so this MUST be cook day as well as may day!

I am also cooking up a storm today-

Making meatloaf, turkey pot pie, bread, salads, chic pea salad, so far thats it but still have a long day here so maybe more?

Busy week and we are also going to a big Dollhouse sale to Display our Dollhouses (in Liverpool,NY) this weekend so busy fixing, cleaning and packing what we are taking , so no time to cook.

:AmishMichaelstraw:

Good morning~

It's overcast but already 56 out on the way to of a high in the lower 70's. :woohoo:The sun is starting to show as I type. Maybe I can get a few more things in the garden today as we have rain schedule through Friday or Saturday now.

It's been a busy morning,:dusting:& :clothesline: and dishes so far. There is a loaf of cinnamon (with a few raisins) bread in the bread machine and the loaf of oatmeal bread I made yesterday is about halfway gone so I'll make another loaf in a little while. I tried to find the owners manual for my bread machine on-line but couldn't find it. Lots of people looking for it, though :shrug:. I pulled a beef roast and potatoes for dinner so I'll be putting that in the crock pot shortly.

I told DH I wasn't buying bread anymore that I would be making it. He suggested we pick up a grain mill and see where we can buy wheat in bulk.

We are going to run to Walmart for DD to buy a nightgown with her own $$, go check on DH grandmother while his parents are out of town. I'll check her med box while there, it shouldn't need filled yet but want to double check. DD has TaeKWondo this afternoon, last class before testing on Thursday. I need to go sign her up for classes at the studio and sign up DS1 (maybe DD, too) for t-ball this week.

Have a great one!:bighug2:

Archived