MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Year Old Wedding Cake

Our DD and S-I-L are celebrating their one year anniversary today! I talked to her a little while ago and she said the cake top was excellent! I remember tasting ours and it was horribly stale/freezer burnt.

Here is what I did. I took the flowers off the top, wrapped the cake in 2-layers of celephane put the flowers (real orchids) back on and wrapped it in 2 more layers of celephane. Then I put it in an ice cream bucket and put the lid on. It's been in the deep freeze until a couple weeks ago when DD took it home and put it in her refrigerator freezer. Just thought I'd pass it on. I opened it before I sent it home with her to make sure it was the cake and I noticed the flowers were still as pretty as when we packed it up!

Just thought I'd share!

This brought back a memory to me from long ago. I was married back in 71. We took the cake top off and wrapped it up to freeze for our 1st anniversary. On our annivesary we carefully took it out and let it thaw. After dinner, I set out two plates and went to cut two pieces----to my surprise, it was frosting over styrofoam !!!!! We never laughed so hard. It took up so much space in our tiny freezer for a year !

Oh Grandbabies! Well the first one is with the Jesus. There was a blood clot under the placenta. It should have been fine, but she delivered at 14 weeks. That was back in January and no babies since. DD is under a LOT of stress with the in-laws, so probably not going to happen for a while.

LOL Coasty Girl! Lot's of cakes have parts that are not real, but I would have thought the top would have been real considering it is such a tradition to keep for the first anniversary. I hope you each took a lick! :feedme: