MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

end of November

Oct/Nov/Dec are my favorite months and always seem to go by the quickest! It's hard to believe November is already over!!

We had a nice week as this is DH's vacation week and the 1st week of PA's rifled deer season. I knew he needed a break from work. He's much more relaxed. I'm so grateful to see the stress gone from his face! :wub: He hasn't gotten a deer and isn't seeing much in the woods again this year.

Today I ordered a fresh turkey breast from a local farm for our Christmas dinner. I've finished the Christmas cards and most of the little bit of shopping already. DH's list was all "prep" items, although they're not prep items to him, just things he wants. It's funny to look back before we even knew what prepping was and see that many gifts were prep items. We haven't decorated yet, I didn't want to before December anyway. I look forward to watching the Christmas specials that will be on tv this month.

I understand loving October & November...my favorite times of the year although I love September too. Weather is cooling down (but not cold) and some things are still green and turning leaves are beautiful...but so are the different shades of brown and tan! LOL Here's Abby-girl playing in the leaves with Mountain Man last weekend on our hike in the woods!

Hopefully the stress will stay away for as long as possible even after his vacation days.

I love fall too, it's my favorite season, so pretty, cooler, all around great time of year :)

I think I saw Frosty the Snowman on the tv listing least week. The classics are my favorites. Last year, we were watching Charlie Brown, and I could have sworn I heard a character call another 'dude' which I don't recall in the past -- I looked at my husband and asked if he heard it too, and he just laughed. If you watch it this season, please let me know if you hear it too, LOL, I am wondering if they changed it or if my hearing is going bad. Just a silly little thing really :P but ... it did make me wonder.

Edited by lumabean

I have a dvd that is has the sights and sounds of a fireplace...we play it in the evenings now while we're reading, blogging, or...in our camp trailer while we're relaxing etc. So many things we have access to that bring us relaxation and peace. Found 2 of them (gave one as a gift) a couple of years ago while shopping at a discount store, for $1 each...Philbe's always looking for bargains...just like each of you! LOL