MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What do you all think?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everybody! As many of you know, my DH has still not found a job. We are very low on funds and are having to start putting stuff on the credit card...ouch!

Well, I had this GREAT idea

I think it's an excellent idea. Would the 2 of you be able to work as a team? I'm asking simply because some folks are more comfortable with women cleaning their homes.

Is he a good handyman? He could also be a "Husband for Hire". I remember a guy that put up signs that said exactly that and he created quite a business for himself -- doing minor odd jobs around the house for women who didn't have a man around.

those are good idea

I know two gentlemen that own their own cleaning bussness now; and guess how they started out? They clean office buildings now too.

I use to clean other people's home and went from there to cleaning Doctor offices. But quite when we moved back here. It's a fairly e-z job to get started.. even by word of mouth.

there's a lot of men that are better at cleaning. And do a really good job.

good luck to you both. I hope some breaks soon for yous

Guest Guest

HG those are really good ideas, but may I be so intrusive to toss out another excellent idea, especally for you two since you live in or very close to a big city.

I met a family that fell on tough times and didn't know what to do. They descided to start a husband/wife for hire business.It was an instant success.

Here is what they did.........

The man did things for women, senior citizens, young adults, ect. that a man does around the house (except sex of coarse, LOL), yard, what have you.

The woman went shopping for big business men who wanted to buy their wives/girl friends/secretaries ect. a gift but felt akward or stupid about it. Some men just can't buy gifts and would pay a LOT of money for a woman to do their shopping for them. The lady also cooked home cooked meals and filled the batchlor's homes with a steady supply of food already prepared for the whole week with warming/cooking instructions. She did everything a wife would do for her husband (except the sex thing, LOL). The working man, especally one who is in high business, loves this service.

The couple found it such a huge success that they soon had to hire a lot of people to just keep up with the demand.

What do you think of this idea?

Birdie

Guest Guest

P. S.

With you two's computer skills and all the free stuff on the net...... You could easily print up a bunch of fliers and go to offices and pass them out. You could be up and in business in about 24 hours.

Birdie