MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

SKIN CARE & COSMETICS

The WE2's

Couldn't find this sort of topic elsewhere here, so figured I'd start this one. I don't wear much makeup other than when we're going out I put on a little liquid foundation and some mascara...but I do keep my face & neck hydrated on the outside with Retinole-A cream daily. I'd love to read some of your ideas and routines for keeping your skin as healthy as you can. I always use tinted sunblock in the summer.

thtas me sometimes I use some foundation to even out skin tone and always have my carmex! lol I have used proactive for years after trying tons of others things i think the day lotion has spf of 15 but going to use something stronger this summer bc I noticed when I used my liquid foundation the one that suppose to change to your skin tone that I had dark spots on my forhead only on my left side thinking its from driving bc we dont have tinted windows my left arm is always darker too lol

Edited by fishermanwife

Yes Fisherman wife...sunblock is a must if you're not wearing sleeves and large hats. In the summer I have to admit that I'm a "tank & shorts or knickers" person so I have to stock up lots of heavy sunblock and fancy wide brimmed hats since we're out in our inflatable kayaks, playing in the water with Abby, hiking or ??? Mountain Man always wears a T-shirt even when he's in the water and we have lifejackets on. He has such an olive-type complexion that he gets berry-brown, but I till insist on him using sunblock on his forearms, legs and face. Wearing wide brimmed hats keeps the sun off the tops of our ears. Had a friend who lost the tops of both of ears to skin cancer from sun damage.