MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

DH got a job, DH got a job!!!!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi everybody! As you all know, my DH trained in computers last year (got an A+ Certification) and has been looking for a job for months.

Well, he got a job TODAY! We are so excited! It's a great job...he will be a caretaker of our own apartment building. The job is is a good fit for him (at least for now), and he will be right here! As you may recall, it was important to me that he have a job that had good hours. Well, he will start at 9am and end at 6pm. It a very relaxed environment, and if he doesn't get in 40hrs a week (forwhater reason) he can also work during the weekends. We have already decided that he will NOT work on Sundays, but if he does have to work on weekends, it would be on Saturdays.

Full benefits. Free dental, copays on health insurance, one or two weeks of vacation, one week of sick time, both starting immeadiatly. We may also get a break on our rent.

Another great thing is that we have been wanting another vehicle so that I can go and come as I need to. With him working here, I'll have the car! It will save us gas, insurance and headaches in traffic.

He starts Monday. We are so excited! He will be getting $12 an hour, so I will still have to teach Spanish from home and make cards to suplement our income, but I'm very ok with that.

Thank you all so much for your support. I knew that something was going to turn out, and here it is!

Have a great day, everybody!

Guest Guest

*giggle* I'm SOOOOO excited! I just got a call from our manager, with a message for DH. Among other things she said that, as staff, we wouldn't have to pay for the party rooms (2 very good size, nice rooms), OR the guest suites!!! My parents are coming up from Mexico the end of this month, and they may be able to stay with us! The guest room is right underneeth us, so all they would have to do is take the elevator and they are here. What a great blessing! I need to make sure that the rooms are available, but I think it just might work out!

YEAH!!!

Oh, HappyGirl, I am so very happy for you and your DH.

Sounds like you have a very nice place to live, and to be able to use those rooms without paying, that is just GREAT.

(((((HappyGirl, DH & DD)))))