MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Voices

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

If you could sing (and maybe you do) what kind of voice would (do) you have?????

I think I'd like to sound like Sandy Patti (sp?). She has a beautiful soprano voice...do you know her? I can carry a tune, but not like she does!!!

Guest Guest

IF...

I could sing...

I would have a voice of Barbara Streistand or Celine Dion...

Sandy Patti is awesome and her voice is as pure as theirs.

*smile*

Guest Guest

I decided that this wasn't a question I could objectively answer myself, so I went to the person that listens to me sing daily. My husband.

He says.... most of the time I sound like Billie Holiday, at the peak of her career. Other times I sound like Lena Horne..... I DO love Jazz...

Nana

Guest Guest

Ok, now I have to go and listen to Billie Holiday and Lena Horne! I'm afraid I've never heard them, but I'm sure that if they sound like YOU, then they were/are GREAT singers! Can't wait!!!

I do sing at church and have been told that I sound like Dolly Parton. One thing....I don't do country so if you can imagine Dolly singing contemporary Christian and rock ballads..you just about got it. I said *sing*...heeheehee, not resemble in the slightest!! Darlene can vouch for *that* as she is the only Mrs. Survival member I have ever met.

Nana, I would love to hear you sing

I do sing for hobby and for years others say I sound exactly like Karen Carpenter and her haunting voice. They even wrote to Richard Carpenter to tell him! He sent a very nice letter back to me.

By the way Mike does a great Kermit impersonation and sings like Kermie toooooooooo.... He loves singing Rainbow Connection to me... That was our wedding reception 1st dance song and our favorite song.

Ps: I love Sandi Patti and of course theres no one Modern Day that can sing like Dion and Striesand.

Now for the Old time singers give me Kate Smith, Rosie Clooney, Keeley Smith and of course Julie London. They can sure belt out some songs