MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello

Guest Guest

Hello everyone, I am new here and live in Michigan. I have a 20 acre homestead and raise poultry, rabbits and dogs.

I hope to raise all our own meat by nest summer. Plus we also hope to get our garden plowed up and grow most of what we need. We raise everything as organicly as finantually possable. Our garden is always 100% organic.

------------------

Kindness is like a boomerang, the more you give, the more it comes back to you.

Hi Ya Hillbillee! bigwave.gif Seeing we're both LEE'S --i get to Welcome you first!!

I'm glad you joined us! Your farm sounds wonderful......But a lot of work!!

There are alot of ladies with homesteads here. Being from the city...i envy you all and just love to hear all about your lives.

I hope you feel comfortable here and post often.

The rest of the gang should be by soon to say Hello!

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bc.FHX9AZpQpY9DM

Hi Hillbillee, welcome to the "family".

Sit over here on the porch swing, put up your feet and enjoy. Becca and Cat should be along directly with the goodies.

(If they don't hurry....raid the fridge.) MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lois (edited August 10, 2002).]

Welcome Hillbillie smile.gif Sounds like a great homestead you have there! Sure wish I had more than a double lot to work with, but it will have to do for now.

I've brought us some chocolate chip scones, and brownies. And some iced coffee. I'm kind of in a chocolate mood tonight smile.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

Welcome to Mrs. S. Hillbillee, it is nice to see new faces, (names) here. smile.gif Looking forward to your posts.

Well, now, there are Lee's in my family too, my ggrandmother was a Lee. smile.gif

Ok, since Becca is in a Chocolate mood tonight, here is a Chocolate Cake and we just have to have Chocolate Ice Cream to go with it. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi Hillbillee and welcome! We live on an acreage in Northern Iowa. I love love to garden and like you, do it all organically. I've been canning and freezing a lot of things but that discussion takes place down in The Orchard. Do you enjoy reading, hmmmmm, that too goes in another area named....Within These Pages. grin.gif Hope to see you at both places.

Someone please pass me a brownie and some iced coffee......thanks! Delicious Becca!!!

------------------

dee.jpg

Hi Hillbillee!!

I'm another trapped-in-the-city-wish-I-was-in-the-country friend, which means I really want to hear about how it's going up there on your homestead. smile.gif

Your going to love it here! Great friends, new ideas, open forums, friendly advice and sometimes just a warm shoulder to lean on when times are hard. Welcome buddy!!!

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Hello everyone, it is so nice to meet so many friendly faces and the name tags are simply georgous! Someone is so tallented and it sure isn't me.

brigid I do have a nicknane, it is Hillbillee. It fits me well. If you have an old dictionary that was printed back in the 1800's look up the definition of hillbilly.

It means..... a Michigan farmer. That I am.

Dee, I like to read but more informative stuff than stories, although I do enjoy a good story now and then, especally if you can look deep into the story and draw some insite that you can apply and use in your journey through you own life. I also love and am a collector of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. I did at one time have all their books but since I found a family and the demands that come with such a prize, I have fallen behind on my collection by about 7 or 9 now.

I also like to dabble a bit with writing but am not all that good at it. I wish I was because I would like to write a book but can't get it down on paper.

Hill

P.S. Sorry about the face, I was not intending it to go where it did which gives you readers a whole diferent impresion than was intended. Sorry

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hillbillee (edited August 12, 2002).]

Hi Hill, welcome . Glad you're here. I'm from Michigan too. The Bay City area. Though also have a place 40 miles north to escape to. Plus a 55 acrea farm/hunting. DH and I are into that. di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Welcome Hillbillie! Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself...it affords us an opportunity to get to know you a little bit better.

If you ever need a thing, just let us know!

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Ahhhh but Hillbillee,

Thee are OUR Michigan Farmer. smile.gif

Michigan farmer, as you stated, that you are. And you made the mistake, girlfriend, of wandering in here,so we claim you!!!! ROFL.HUGS All around.

You'll just have to stay and become part of the family/clan.

So, sister-mine, what's nest time? ¿Que?

(which means...what??? What is *nest time*?)

you cityfied wannabee-homesteader wants to know!!!

cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I think I will just take a ice cold glass of fresh squeezed apple cider and take a seat over there out of the way a bit and join in the wonderful conversation.

I see you all brought some goodies but hey! Us Hillbillees love them there cook outs, I got the grill all fired up, the charcoal is just right and ready to go, We still prefer charcoal to the fancy stuff called gass and not quite as flavorful.

Now, lets see what I have in the fridge..... Ahhhhh, here is some ribs with my husband's famous (he is a chef) barbeque sauce. Oh i see the usual hot dogs and hamburgers too. But we sure can't forget my farm raised, organic chicken recipe with my secret coating mix that everyone asks me for a recipe for but I don't have one and when I try to create one I mess it up. And here comes my daughter with her favorite pork chops from the pig she raised.

Lets start cookin' everyone bring a dish to pass and we will all get aquainted.

Hill

------------------