MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Dr. Phil... whaddaya think?

Guest Guest

Well, I know I'll never see 135 again, so I'd be content just to be healthy, and not focus only on *weight*. I think that's been my biggest hurdle to any weight-loss program I've seen.

I already understand that my messy house is a byproduct of my poor self-esteem, obviously my weight is, too.

I know that, for me, losing weight is a byproduct of feeling strong, confident, and healthy.

I'm waiting to hear more about his program. And wonder if the book will be worth buying. Maybe I'll try the library first.

Twila.. you're too much Life wouldn't be the same without you!!

I bought the book...should be here next week. I'm excited to read it as it covers much more than weight issues. On the show when the 13 participants were chose for the weight loss challenge...Dr. Phil asked us to find ourselves in at least one participant and go the journey with them. I think I found *myself* in at least two of them and am excited to get started.

135.. I think my thigh weighs that much. I've been trying to lose since I gained my weight 7 years ago. I lose some but I just can't lose more than about 50 at a time. I mainly care for health reasons. DH loves me no matter what. Maybe someday, but probably not. My Dr. said I could get the surgery but I think the surgery is too dangerous unless I was at a point where I would die without it. Besides, online I'm just a slip of a gorgeous girl! (I'm also rich, cute and my house is spotless)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you doing the Dr. Phil weight loss thing?

I am wondering if there is anyone here who is working with this program, as I, well, Old Pine ordered the book. We, I think, we will be working together on the program.

(((((HUGS)))))

I've got the book and I've been reading it slowly, hoping that its keys really stick with me. I've been following Dr. Phil's weight loss challenge (Mon and Tuesdays) and was so elated that none of the 13 participants got kicked off. I'm going along with the participants as to not get ahead of them. The first key to learn is right thinking. Its really alot to think about and really gets inside you in places you didn't know were there. Thats why this is so much different than a diet but of making lifestyle changes and healing the inner you to be all you were meant to be. OI highly suggest reading The Ultimate Weight Solution, logging on to Drphil.com, and watching the show on Mondays and Tuesdays. Dr. Phil makes perfect sense,...heal the heart, body and soul and the weight will come off and stay off for good!

*Ginger steps away from her infomercial camara Let the product do the rest.

Ginger, I really want to do this, but, I am still not sure just what it is that we have to do. I have been on his site and read some of the message board messages and some of the other things.

I think for me to really get into 'myself', I would need someone to ask me questions or something. Maybe I just don't understand what he is meaning. But, I really want to try.

We do need buddies, don't we.

(((((HUGS)))))

There is a lady at the Homesteading Today forum, who's screen name is Ashetec or something like that. She is one of the 13 on Dr. Phil. I think she's Angela. I think the addy is www.homesteadingtoday.com . I'll double check on the name of the website. She has done a little posting about her experience so far.

Ok, here I am again, I went to that url and it is the Homesteading Today. I didn't see Ashetec there, but I didn't go very far into it. Not enough time.

Now, for today's question, I have read that people are 'doing inside work'. Ok, do I need the book to understand what they are talking about, or am I just not with it????

(((((HUGS)))))

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you don't have many underlying pains to heal, Snowmommy... you'll know more when you get the book.

I bought the book at Sam's Club over a week ago, but haven't had time to more than skim over it lightly. I've seen some of the TV shows, so I think I understand some of the ideas.

A couple of the ladies at church started a weight-loss Sunday School/Bible study on Sunday mornings, and since there were only 2, I joined it to encourage them, and now we have another lady who is a diabetic joining us. I don't think if that it had required an extra time demand that I would've joined them.

This one is called "First Place", and I think it resembles Weight Watchers, using "food exchanges". I tried WW, lost 20 pounds, and promptly got pregnant and dropped out. But I don't like the exchanges stuff.

The church group isn't focusing on it too closely, and other ideas, like what I learn from Dr. Phil's book, can be discussed and utilized. Mostly, it's a support group.

We were weighed a week ago, and I was dreading last Sunday because I hadn't really done anything. But I guess just knowing I would be weighed helped me, because I was the high "loser" at 12 pounds!!!

It sure gave me a boost emotionally!

Yesterday I helped chase 25 second-graders around a county park on a field trip about ponds and insects, so I got LOTS of exercise!!! If I haven't lost anything this week, I'll be surprised! LOL

Oh, mannnnn...

Estimate the miles I walked??

Including the steps to the top of the lookout tower & down??

Hiking the trails trying to find stuff like "something red" and insect habitats and triangular shapes??

How about all the wandering around a field chasing down bugs for the kids?

And the "hurry UP" trip to take 3 little girls WAAAAY back to the primitive potties???

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

50 miles???????