MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fear Not, I am With You!

Eliana

I posted a small Shabbat and weekend greeting earlier, but failed to really say why I did. What I mean is, I am so grateful and so thankful to our Father for His faithfulness! It just bubbled out in a hasty Shabbat greeting earlier. So, let me explain.

See, I live in a neighborhood just south of Atlanta, Georgia. The neighborhood developers did not think the plans out very thoroughly and left hundreds of baby pines at the time of construction. This was back in the 60's and posed no threat ... until now. Every single storm we have sends massive branches banging down from the 60'ish foot tall trees. More often than not, an entire tree topples over and takes out the power for hours on end. In scarier instances, they land on people's houses. That's happened several times, with the most serious only seven houses down from us. Thankfully no one was killed.

It's a serious and dangerous situation and up until a year or so ago, sent me into fidgets. I stressed, worried, and whispered frantic prayers. Then I came across a Scripture at the Ruach HaKodesh's (Holy Spirit) prompting.

Isaiah 41:10 CJB "Do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will surely help you; I will uphold you with My right hand of righteousness."

Well, amen! To top it off, crime has begun to creep in. Year after year, it gets just a little worse. So, the Ruach prompted me last weekend to pray for this neighborhood. Not just the property, cars, fences, but for the people. For their salvation. I obeyed by getting in my car and driving the length and breadth of it. While I was praying for the occupants of the couple of hundred houses, a Scripture came to mind.

Ezekiel 22:30-31 CJB "I sought for a man among them who could build a barricade or stand in the break to oppose me on behalf of the land, so that I would not destroy it; but found no one. Therefore I am pouring out my fury on them, consuming them with the fire of my rage, bringing their own ways on their own heads,' says Adonai Elohim."

I told the Lord that I would stand. I will pray for them. I will live righteous, because Yeshua (Jesus) has made me righteous through his faithfulness. I told Him to prove me that I would do as I say. A storm came that night and not one limb came down. Not one tree toppled. Hallelujah!

But it gets better. Flash forward to today. Now, I celebrate Shabbat and make an unusually large pot of something to last the weekend for us. Most Jews use Friday to do prep work for Shabbat. I've run into trouble with my huge pots in that I ran over time, so to alleviate stress, I do everything overnights on Thursday. By 4 am on Friday, I have 6 storage bowls tucked away for weekend enjoyment. I did the same last night and since it was Friday morning, spent some time with Him before I slept.

I closed my eyes at 8 am and was literally jerked awake at just before noon. It was literally as if someone yanked me up to a sitting position! Then a house shattering roar of thunder clapped overhead. I didn't bother to question or doubt. I immediately begin to pray for this neighborhood. I told the Father that He had Abraham walk the length and breadth of the land. Everywhere he walked, God gave the land to his descendants. I used the same principle. I asked Him to give to me what I had driven the length and breadth of and provide protection for us. I asked for angels to hold the trees upright and the limbs from crashing down and destroying property or damaging lives. Then I went back to sleep with the words, "I trust you" on my lips.

Praise Adonai! Not a limb came down and not a tree toppled. The attached picture is an airport that is less than half an hour drive away. Great is His faithfulness!

Eliana

NFULTON.jpg

Edited by Eliana
  • Like 2

Thank you for sharing Eliana. I'm a few hours north of you up here in the mountains. One of my daughters lives down in your area so I am quite familiar with it.

It is beautiful to see the work the Lord is doing in your life through His Spirit. The "I will trust You (no matter what)" is a theme I've watched the Lord cement in many peoples lives over the past couple of years. The stories I could tell about my encounter with that T in the road where I had to make that same decision of whether I would/could, or not, are many. The rewards have been enormous, even if it sometimes took time and I'm learning that the letting go is the only thing that enables Him to do all He desires to do.

Shalom.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Darlene said:

Thank you for sharing Eliana. I'm a few hours north of you up here in the mountains. One of my daughters lives down in your area so I am quite familiar with it.

It is beautiful to see the work the Lord is doing in your life through His Spirit. The "I will trust You (no matter what)" is a theme I've watched the Lord cement in many peoples lives over the past couple of years. The stories I could tell about my encounter with that T in the road where I had to make that same decision of whether I would/could, or not, are many. The rewards have been enormous, even if it sometimes took time and I'm learning that the letting go is the only thing that enables Him to do all He desires to do.

Shalom.

Amen and thank you for your kind reply, Darlene. You are living basically where I want to. Well, no let's be totally honest. I want to be in the mountains in Arkansas. But, you are living close to what I dream of! :D Maybe we can message from time to time about the goodness of God. My husband would thank you. *giggle* It's all I talk about (pretty much). It'd give him a breather. Anyway, have a blessed Saturday.

Edited by Eliana
  • Like 1