MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Monday

Very damp and very foggy here on our little Dorset hill this morning. I got up to find an e-mail from a friend I haven't seen in years, although I got Christmas cards from him. Sounds as though he may be threatening a visit; he's quite a character!

Major drama (not really, but it is for them, poor things) - my two have chickenpox, much to their disgust. I got a very small very minor dose of shingles from somewhere a couple of weeks ago, and it may have been from that, or they may have picked it up themselves, as apparently it is doing the rounds at the moment. Bethany is so affronted by her spotty face (age thing). We had to miss both the fireworks display and the pub quiz this weekend, as Ethan was still at the infectious stage. They ar not actually ill with it, just out of sorts and with a sore throat. I know they are not that ill as they are both still eating like horses.

A friend of mine has had a major upset by being thrown out of the house she shared with a friend and given two weeks notice. Nothing done wrong by my friend, but long story; si I went over there to help her pack, and bring back some garden stuff I will store for her until she gets settled again. She has somewhere to go, which will be nearer her son, who is ill. It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I think most of today will have to be taken up by housework as the place is messy. Again. I need to get on and do some more knitting for the craft fair I am doing in a fortnight too.

oo foggy to go outside, so I won't miss that!

Hope everyone is well and has a good day.

For some folks, happy Monday is a contradiction in terms! That isn't the case here, though. We have clouds with some sun and it's cooling off into the 50s.

I got to work a little after 5:30 this morning to find that my computer wouldn't boot up. Our server was down so there wasn't anything to do for about an hour. Argh. I could have slept! But it was okay because I didn't have to fight traffic, I had an hour of down time to visit with my co-workers, and time to drink my coffee and wake up a bit before I plunge into the work. And of course, time to write this post.

Now enough has been restored so that I can work, so I better cut this short and get to it. Best wishes to everyone for an uneventful day! sg

Good Morning you two early birds..... Lowlie what on earth are you doing up at 2 am, that's what time was showing when you posted. Hi Seldy and I thought I went to work early. I have to start at 7, no rush for me either. Because I work outside can't start any earlier because it's still dark.

Glad you both had early starts to your day, but it means you'll both be in bed at 8 tonight....

Brigie, I'm about six hours or so in front of you, that's why it looked like 2am. I think it was nearer 8am when I was here. Quite late in the morning for me................

happy morning here too... the sun is shinning bright; and making the frost sparkle, we had a wonderful sunrise. it is only 28 degrees here. got the main house work done already. i don't have to work this week so will beable to get a lot done around here and take care of DH. things look good here for a monday.

have a happy monday to all

Hello GANG !wavey.gif

Oh boy Lowie........You must be having FUN with your spotted chillins.....I hate to say it......but i'm thinkin you may be the spreader of da pox.....adults with chickie pox usually get shingles........gulp......How you feelin?

Say Hi to the kids from me and tell em i hope they feel better soooooon.

Hi Seldie.....did ya watch the eclipse?That red moon was a sight to behold !

SNowmommie-

GLad your feeling little better and staying close to home....wish you could have made that doe hang around there.....feel soooo bad in hunting season..

Glad your hubby's home Theyd !!!

Happy Remembrance day Brigie.....tomorrow is Veterans Day here..spose it's the same?

smoooooches