MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MY APOLOGIES...

Guest Guest

...to the contest winners. Due to an incredibly insane time over the last almost 2 weeks, I didn't get your prizes mailed out until yesterday. I'm really sorry and I hope you'll forgive me.

Apparently 'Murphy' decided to move into my house for a while, and I'm shoveling as fast as I can, trying to get through this mess...

Nana, Christmas should not be that busy. Don't knock yourself out trying to accomplish all those tasks. Maybe you could list which task is priority and knock a few or more off your list. I put off many of my tasks in the name of New Years to eliminate the stress before Christmas. When it comes to baking for the neighbors, I do it a few days after Christmas and label it Happy New Year! It works for me. Many of my friends know that we will gather after Christmas and it will be more special because of the special time reserved instead of going through the motions before December 25th.

Theyd's got a delicious cup of cocoa waiting for you in another post. Take a delightful break among friends. We love you!

Theyd got it right on the 'Murphy' thing, Lowlander. It's called 'Murphy's Law', and it states; 'anything that can go wrong, probably will'. It's pretty much an American expression... anyone who's having a series of strange things in their lives can blame it on Murphy.

I know I need to slow things down a bit but, believe it or not, this is slow, compared to most Holidays...

I've already gotten the meat cut and wrapped, and in the freezer, and today I'll get 2 deliveries done, and 2 batches of cookies. Tomorrow and Saturday I'll get most of my sewing done, while I bake, then on Sunday, we need to go pick up the leftovers from the Christmas Bazaar sale- the things that didn't get sold.

Monday and Tuesday, I'll get the rest of the baking done, and the last gifts wrapped.

AK has Christmas Eve as a paid day off so, he and LP will do some cleaning, laundry, and vacuuming so they can stay out of my hair, while I finish up deliveries and such.

I always have things for them to do while I'm working. Especially if I'm cooking, 'cause otherwise they just stand around and watch and it makes me crazy! In the kitchen, they always seem to be underfoot; I think they try to soak up all of the good smells.