MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hello everyone!

mommafitz

Boy, what a year! I haven't had time to post much lately, but my post on wood splitter dangers generated an inquiry as to my whereabouts. I'm still teaching junior high science and trying to escape the Phoenix area. My sons were here for the holidays. David, the 23 year old, drove back to San Diego yesterday evening. He is a hospital corpsman at Balboa Naval Hospital right now. If you have a Marine recruit in San Diego, my son may be looking after his well being during training. Adam, the 19 year old, flew back to Dahlgren, VA this morning. He is training to be a fire control technician. That means that if his ship comes under attack, he is responsible for firing the defensive missiles. They are both counting down the time until they can come home for good. Right now they both have about five years to go. My mom and I are still trying to find a way to consolidate our households. She turned 72 yesterday and really doesn't want or need to be living alone two hours away from family! We are going to go look at property near Roosevelt Lake tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and enjoyed whatever traditions are dear to your families. For those of you who have sons or daughters far from home serving in the military, my heart goes out to you. May they stay safe and return soon.

Hi Sandra, what a surprise . Youre in Phoenix and Im in Florence, small world isn't it? I dont blame you for wanting to get out of Phoenix. We used to live in Phoenix awhile ago and glad we got out. Good luck in your search for property.

Karen

hugs.gif

So there ya are Buddy..........so glad to read all is well with you and your men!

YOu have to be sooooooo proud of them and very grateful you had special time to be together!!!

You've got them on both coasts......must be so very hard.

I sure hope and pray you and your mom find the perfect home.......what a great idea!!

I hope this New Year brings you ....your hearts desires!

Take care Sandra and thanks for the update!

smoochies.