MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Friday Ya'll!

Mornin'! I thought I'd get a post started for today even if it is late in the morning (8:45 cst). My husband works tonight and our younger son has basketball practice at 7pm. I have had Great Northern Beans (otherwise known as white beans here in our neck of the woods) cooking in the crockpot overnight. The house smells heavenly! I plan on cooking a couple of chuck roasts with potatoes, onions,and carrots later today. I have a great recipe for Tennessee cornbread that I'll post later. That'll top off the supper.........

Anyway, Since we start schooling again on Monday -homeschool for 12 yo ds and public high school for 16 yo ds-I want to rearrange and clean up our school zone. I have converted our dining area in the kitchen to a school area/home office. It's time to get things looking fresh and interesting again. I really hate doing anything like that when my hubby is off from work. He works so much that we try to have "our" time when he is home.

As I was filling in our wall calendars yesterday with family birthdays and anniversaries, I decide I would like to have a weekend getaway in August to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. No kids. Just the 2 of us. He liked that idea. so anyway, that gives us something to look forward to!

You hear of that stuff mommafitz but can't believe it will ever happen to you! I'm sorry that witch found your father and I hope that other door will open soon and you and your family will step right through it to find something mighty special waiting for you!!!

I guess the holidays are officially over, huh? I don't start work again until Monday but then those little urchins will probably give me another cold. I had a doozy in Oct. and I've had another doozy in Dec. I was warned about this happening....Achoo, achoo, achoo!

mommafitz, I pray real hard that door will open up for your family and there will be a better situation for you.

I can understand Family hurts, it is one of the hardest hurts to overcome; takes lots of prayer. Do you all have plans where to move or are you just preparing??

Blessing to you and yours

my plan is to take and clean up around here. And just try to enjoy this day

Yikes MommaF......what a pickle.......like Dee.....i hope and pray it works out for the best and you find your own place.

O Deeeeee......let's not get another cold dear.....make those buggers wear masks....hahaaaaaa....

Nuttin really exciting and new happenin here....just sayin HI and Bye.....

smoochies.

Oh hope things go good for you mamma F. Wel I'm at the cabin and it's 45 outside. So I decided to air out the place. Smells like wood smoke. Nothing better then a nice airing this time of year. Poor DH had to work today. Thats what comes of owning your own businesss. What I can't understand is how his partner always gets to missall the end of the year crap and gets to go skiing every year. Poor DH has to do all the year end tax junk and close out the books. His bookkeeper does half of the work and DH does the other. Oh well. He'll be back up tonight and then can relax. Diane

We have no plans. I've been looking at rental houses for the past 3 weeks or so. I have told the people that I work with on Saturdays that I'm looking. We have lots of friends that are getting the word out to look for available houses. We are in no shape financially to buy a house right now so we must rent. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats. That is really going to be a problem. People don't like to rent to pet owners because in the past pet owners don't make their pets mind. They leave messes and damage behind. I am completely understanding of the landlords.

We are afraid that we will get surprised with a notice one day giving us only a short time to leave so that's why we are trying so hard to be one step ahead of the She-Monster.

Lisa

Mommafitz, I do hope things will turn out for you and you will soon find a different place to live. I'll be praying for you and your family about this situation. We just don't understand why things work the way they do, but God has a plan and knows they reasons. You are doing a great job of keeping yourself from becoming bitter. That is good. (((((HUGS)))))

With Pooh here, I have not been on line as much and have not posted as much as if he were not here or if Tigger were here too. As he likes more attention from me.

(((((HUGS)))))

Happy Saturday all... MommaFitz... I hope everything works out for you... you seem to have a great attitude.. always good to stay one step ahead of things so that you have some control of the outcome.

We are bitterly cold here in my part of the world, wild northern winds and lots of snow. Our temperatures have dipped in the minus area. Haven't seen cold and snow like this in many years.

think I am staying in the house today, much to cold to venture out.

Have a good Sat. I guess I will be cleaning house.

Hey Lisa.. booger flicks.. you crack me up.... what did you watch?

Still so very cold here... got even colder last night.. had my heat on in during the night... I don't usually do that.

Must get ready for my next tutoring lesson on Monday.. and also back to school.... crap the whip with all the munchkins.

Have a great day.

Well, "They Crawl" was the name of the movie on the Sci Fi channel. It looked too stoopid so I didn't watch it. Instead I called my little brother who turned 33 yesterday. We had a nice visit. Better 'n boogers! hehehehe

I may hafta crap a whip to get myself busy today!!!!

Lisa

How funny mommafitz, we watched a movie on sci-fi last night and I think it was called They Crawl. It was dumb but aren't most of them on that channel.....DH loves it!

Lois, that sounds like a good idea. There are problems with that however. The bank or mortgage company or whoever it is is in Nashville. That's west of our little town by about 2 hours. I am under the impression they would prefer to sell than to keep this house as a rental. Also, we are not really in a position to buy. No money and all that. If we buy a place, we don't want this one. Too many unhappy memories are tied here. This is the house where I grew up. We had the original loan paid down to only owing $4000 when they decided to refinance. Now who knows how much they financed it for. This has not been disclosed to us and I don't want to know. The house payment increased by $300 per month. Gasp! We were told approximately 2 weeks before the payment was due. We still have to pay for any upkeep needed, the property taxes, and the house insurance. It has really hurt us. The kicker is that I have to send the money for the payment to them instead of the bank. Who knows if the money is making it to the bank or if it being saved for them to purchase another piece of property? Questions, Questions, Questions........ This house is in very poor shape. It is a cheaply built 1970's FHA ranch house. We were starting to do some remodeling 2 years ago when all H*** broke lose with the family. That's when I lost my job with my dad after 14 years and our world changed forever. I think we need to get away from here. My heart has been thru too much pain.

I found out that the property my dad and the she-monster were looking to purchase was not large enough. It was a mobile home on 1 1/2 acres. They were to pay $3000 down payment and the owner was going to finance. They are back to looking once again. On a selfish note, this is good news. That buys us a little more time to find something.

mommafitz