MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

the last Wed. of Jan

Good Morning MamaF... just a quick minute to check in, already the middle of the week.. wow.... we are having quite

the weather again today... temps hovering around freezing, freezing rain.. roads are terrible.. just waiting to see

if they are going to close my school.....

Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

It's still dark here and I can hear the rain just pouring down outside. Wish I could just go back to bed but this is my busiest day at work - sort of a non-stop kind of day ending in a meeting that goes on for an hour or so and I "get" to take minutes (something I've never quite got the hang of).

I hardly get to see the birds this time of year because it's barely light when I go to work and dark when I come home. I know they are there because the suet and seed dwindles. Of course we have visiting starlings who would just like to hog the whole thing and also a band of pigeons who march toward the feeder and then all swarm it. I love the northern flicker that visits. If there's no suet he/she tends to sit on the roof and give a call. We have stellar jays here and I love their flash of deep blue color. They have sharp calls though.

Jan

It's a little warmer here, but we also got 9 inches of the white stuff. DH is out plowing so he can get the vehicles out. Using the four wheeler takes some doing when it is this heavy and the wind is blowing. We are supposed to get snow showers and flurries every day for the rest of the week. Got laundry done yesterday. so today I hope to clean the kitchen floor, after DH is done running in and out.

the day is almost over and now into the night... they didn't have school here today. DH had a dr. check up today it went go and had to pick up his meds. on the way home there were times when you couldn't see only 3/10th of a mile. we came home the back way and what a lovely sight, felt like we where in a picture. split wood for tonight and tomorrow and then went out to play in the snow with our dogs. that snow is really deep, in spots it was up to my chest, had to have the dogs help pull me out. it was fun though.

hope everyone had a good day