MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday

Oh I can't wait until I can have deer walking through the yard. That is so neat! DH and I were talking about our "dream home" last night. We're going to leave the front area open, and then put up a privacy fence around an acre or so in the back, so that the dogs can't jump out and nothing can jump in. I'm worried about coyotes getting them, or a deer hopping the fence and them getting it. Of course, I'll plant lots of corn, hehe. At our old house we got lots of cows and horses in the yard. The horses were great, cause then the kids got to see them. They weren't nearly so excited about the cows, LOL.

Today is grocery shopping and library, then work. Tomorrow I'll be cooking all day.

I found out you can get LEAP for emergencies if you have broken windows. We have one that won't close completely, and it's an entire unit, containing 12 windows, and the landlord has agreed to do "one window per month". Umm, no thanks. So now, hopefully, the state will be on him to fix them, or give us the money to fix them, although I'd hope the LEAP program would go after him for it. The bad thing is, DH installs glass for a living, so we'd get the glass at a discount, and we offered to not bill the landlord for labor AT ALL, cause, well, we're living here. Cheap jerk. LOL. So I'm very thankful that we'll be getting some help with that.

Good Morning all.. I'm back again.. mother board problems then problems with the internet.... all is fixed and well.

We have beautiful weather sorry for all of you who still have snow.. I mowed my lawn this week, ready to lime this weekend..... turning the soil, fertilizing, pruning.... green green green.. beautiful... off to see my mom and dad and little sis who is visiting from the states this weekend.. big and pregnant.. due in May.....it's her first.

First better get some food so the children can graze while I'm gone...

Have a great day everyone...

It's still morning here and it looks like another nice day. This is really unusual for us in March. I'll do some weeding out front and have tons to do inside.

Snowmom: Your deer would be so much fun to watch. They are so beautiful and graceful. I haven't seen any here yet but then my roses aren't ready to bloom.

Mommafitz: Hope your move is going well.

Mommyof5: It's so much fun to dream about where you want to live eventually. We were just talking about that. This was our first home, then we moved to the big city and rented it out, moved back and it is our "last" home, too.

Brigid: Glad you are back and running again.

Jan

Mommyof5: We've had the same house since 1976 and we don't have software but we've had to work on and redo about every inch of this house at one time or another. Our on-going project is how to make a postage stamp kitchen more usable. We say "when our ship comes in" we would check with the local home improvement store who can show you how to use existing space more effectively. An idiot who never cooked built my kitchen. So much dead space it isn't funny.

Jan

today was a good day it was nice and sunny. DH got me a nice tea set. it is so pertty that i am almost afaird to use it. He told me it is for the lady in his wife; he sure made this day a very special day. My friend brought us supper over of BBQ ribs, baked taters, mac salad and brownies.

we seen two heards of swamp deer on the way home.

Snowmom- Isn't she a doll! I met Lynne and her DD years ago and she was just the nicest kid. My kids thought she was so fun. I hope Lynne is o.k.

The flowers on the tree in my yard are a gorgeous pink explosion LOL. The flowers all over town are all in bloom I LOVE it here!!!!