MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Battle Begins

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Okay Gals and Guys!! This is it!

NO CARBS TODAY EXCEPT FOR 1cup salad or green veggies with your lunch and supper!!

Drink all the water and liquids you can today...anyone can drink 1 glass per hour....

Eat larger portions of Protein or several small meals throughout the day....whatever it takes to keep carbs out of your mouth!!

Trust me, after the first 3 days (if you've been strict) you will feel a HUGE difference in your attitude toward eating! It's something you just have to experience to believe!! The hunger won't go away if you cheat though, so be VERY CAREFUL these first few days!

This is Tuesday, by Saturday, you can have a new lease on Life!! Are you up for it??

I've already had my coffee; will eat a turkey omelette about 10:00 this morning! Depending on how much I need it will be made with 2-4 eggs, Remember, starting out you just eat however much protein it takes to keep carbs out!!

I'm rootin' for ya! As you succeed, so will I! I think I'm gonna try and get a quick WALK in this morning before it gets too HOT!

I'll check back here later for your responses and hear YOUR BATTLE PLANS for the day!

DO YOU HAVE YOUR SUPPLY OF SUGAR-FREE JELLO made Yet? Some of you will have to go shopping today!!!

"Hip,Hip Away, I'm Walking every day!!"

------------------

deeknight.jpg

I'm with ya, Dee K!!

Today's breakfast, I ate 3 scrambled eggs with cheese. I am on my second bottle of water. I am leaving for work and taking a salad and 2 hard boiled eggs, at work I can make either a hamburger or a hotdog minus the bun of course. Tonight, I will have some grilled chicken breast.

At work it will be tough as I work in a theater/ice cream shop and for the most part I am alone till the first show starts at 6pm. I love my job and the people I work with but I also can eat anything I want while I am there. Butter Pecan ice cream is my pitfall. But I am determined to say goodbye to sugar/carbs and hello to feeling well again. It will be tough for the next few days but after that the hunger and most cravings subside, it will become less tempting...Last time I was eating this way, I had to be reminded to eat...Can you believe it??

High ho, High ho, its off to work we go!!!

Blessings on all your efforts today smile.gif

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Guest Guest

WAY TO GO GINGER!!!

That's the spirit! Take note folks! Her second bottle of water!!! Woopee!! I think she's got the idea!!!

Make the Bathroom a cheerful place....you're gonna be visiting there a lot!!! "grin"

I had a nice brisk (that's relative, you realize...) walk around the block a little while ago....it was nice. God is Good, and He will enable each of you to take care of your body if you ask Him for help! He's only a whisper away!

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Cottage cheese with a splash of real cream, mandarin orange slices, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds for brekkie.

A hamburger pattie and melted pizza cheese with a touch of spag. sauce for lunch.

Not sure what dinner will be yet.

Biggest downfall is the water! I should take up residence under a waterfall so I will get what I need by "osmosis." grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

netexercise-small.gif

Starting to feel kinda yucky, but I can remember that this only lasts a day or two. I did excellent working the ice cream counter for over 7 hours and never had so much as a bite of the creamy sugar!! I am really proud of myself for this little accomplishment.

Thank you for all your support and someone to be accountable with smile.gif

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Guest Guest

It was a good day Folks! I ate differently than I planned, but it was all legal! The health food store called and said my Atkins bread was in, so I now have 6 loaves of bread that I can eat!!! Only a slice or two a day, of course!

I had 2 hamburger patties at about 1:00....

Turkey breat in toasted A. Bread at about 5;.

A salad just after that, and then at about 9:00 I had some scrambled eggs and another slice of toast!

I also discovered another scrumptuous Atkins candy bar at WalMart.....So, I'll have to watch out and not get too carried away with the special things!

It works better if I stick with simple proteins and lots of water! I did good on the water today; and walked this morning, so, overall, it was a very good day!

Tomorrow I go to work, so I may not visit with you until after work....and maybe not until late tomorrow night!!! Hold steady tho' I'll be looking to see your successes tomorrow night! Hang in there Ginger, it'll pass! If you need to eat a bite or drink something, go ahead! You'll be fine!

Good night girls (and guys, maybe)....Hubby gets jealous if I stay here too long! :-)

------------------

deeknight.jpg

Guest Guest

It is 9:30am and so far I have had 2 cups of coffee. I have to go to towm today so I won't eat at all today. But I will have a salad with a sliced hard boiled egg and some shredded cheese and lemon for salad dressing tonight.

I guess I need to drink water...but I hate using the public restrooms at the stores.

Guest Guest

This works if the sugar/starch bug is getting to you. Pork rinds, brushed with melted butter, sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. Cinnamon toast! For breakfast I soft cook 3 eggs (fresh from my chickens is best, there really IS a difference in the flavor), and dip with pork rinds. They are also good to dip up tuna salad at lunch and to tuck little pieces of sliced deli meats in for crunchy snacks.

Guest Guest

Yuuuummmm! And to think I was eating PLAIN ol' pork rinds!!! ;-)

How's everyone doing?

I've been pretty busy, but wanted to check in!

Keep up the good work!

------------------

deeknight.jpg