MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where is everybody?

twilap

I came here, hoping for a lift....no one is posting on "The Gym." Hmmmm....what is everyone up to?

I ate TERRIBLE on vacation this past week. We started off trying to be good....but ended up saying...we are on vacation...

So, today I am trying to get back on track. I gained a few "vacation" pounds...so I need to get those off quickly.

How are all of you doing? Or...is the silence "screaming" something! Ha! Ha! smile.gif

Well I've been busy changing my eating habits! I have completely given up all sugar and refined flour. Splenda is awesome! I treat myself with 1/2 C. Splenda ice cream and it's just enough I don't feel deprived at all!

In 10 days of basing my meals around meat/vegis I have lost 6 lbs!!! One whole pant size! And it's all fat too ( my scale has a bodyfat monitor). I have lost 3/4 in off my arms, 3/4 in off my hips, 1 inch off my waist!

I am so amazed at how easy it has been to stop eating high insulin producing foods. I just eat an omlete for breakfast with vegis and meat in it, or eggs with turkey sausage. A tuna salad or meat + vegi for lunch. Another meat + vegi or salad for dinner. What I find most interesting is that I'm just really not all that hungry!

I am still nursing, but he is eating 3 meals + several snacks a day and drinking milk from a cup now so I don't think it will be a problem. My milk supply hasn't dried up like I feared it mught. And I feel fantastic! No mood swings, no cranky mommy at 4 pm. I allow myself snacks of cheese, 1-2 fruit a day, nuts, and drinking tons of water and taking a multivitamin + calcium + vitamin c.

I also went out to eat 2 times this week for chinese food. I just skipped the rice and noodles, and selected servings of vegtables and non breaded meats. It was delicious, and I allowed myself two small pieces of my favorite sesame chicken which did have breading and sugar in the sauce. Probably the other dishes has some sugar but it didn't seem to hurt me or make me crave anything later. Nicholas loved it wink.gif I took him along and the other kids stayed with a sitter while we went out shopping.

My DH is now down at least 35 lbs and still going strong. He comes home on Fri and I can't wait for him to see the new me. I know he's going to be thrilled! ( I didn't tell him I was doing this and he's wanted me to join him in his weight loss journey)

Part of the reason I was able to decide to do this is to give myself set times i'ts o.k. not to follow it religiously. I tend to be too much of an all or nothing person. I am giving myself permission to eat a cupcake on my kids birthdays ( I decided to do cupcakes so there is less cake sitting around afterwards) and eat goodies for christmas (but only the week I am on vacation at my Dad's). I am going to look into recepies for treats for the holidays using splenda to help me reduce the effect, but still allowing myeself to feel like I'm not being deprived.

For the first time I really feel in control of my eating and that is a fantastic feeling. Going to the grocery store hasn't even caused me to break down once! And in my family I'm notorious for coming back from the store with a full cart when I only went for milk wink.gif

When DH comes back I am going to go register at Curves and start excersizing 3 x's a week in the evenings. DH can watch the kids for an hour while I go take care of myself and I'm not taking no for an answer. No more trying to fit in excersize when the baby is napping because it just doesn't happen. I have too much house work to do then.

So Yay for me smile.gif I couldn't be happier with myself because I have finally found my key to better health and I know I can stick with this my whole life, and finally get fit and trim.

------------------

becca.jpg

Wowie Becca......That's just AWESOME!!!! You Go Girl!!!!!!

So glad you found what works for you and your hubby!

Wait till he sees you!

Glad to have you back Deblyn We missed you!

Oh well.....so you ate stuff you shouldn't...at least you had fun!

Hi Snow and Di!!

Where the heck is Deekie and the rest of the gang?

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited October 10, 2002).]

Who hoo!! Becca, way to go, Girl!! You inspire me to keep on! Can't wait for your hubby to see you smile.gif

Where have I been? I have been hiding in a corner, hoping no one would see that I have fallen off my healthy eating plan. I know that I have got to get back on! Posts like Becca's and DeeK's really make one accountable. Bless you, Gals!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

Doesn't it feel good when people notice!!!

My MIL was here yesterday and was amazed at how good my hubby is looking as he has lost weight and she looked at me and said, wow, you have lost a lot of weight too! I needed to hear that because I wasn't looking at how much I lost, but how far I have to go. It's nice to get a boost! smile.gif

Thanks Debbie, Deb and Ginger smile.gifIt's nice to get encouragement. Tomorrow I am going into Curves to sign up! I can't wait, I really want to get into good shape as well as lose the weight. I have 30-40 lbs left to lose.

DH and I went out for Chinese tonight to celebrate. I had chicken and vegetables (I took out the baby corn), and a pot sticker, hot and sour soup, and shrimp. No rice or noodles, unsweetened tea and no ice cream or fortune cookie smile.gif It was still delicious. And so far it hasn't even slowed my weight loss down. I am still in awe that I am really making such fast progress. Another pound down this morning, and 1/2 in off my hips.

I love having a babysitter again. Can't leave her with the baby, he's just not ready because he cries if I leave the room- that lovely separation anxiety showing up full force this week. I chalk it mostly up to teething and his cold. Maybe in a few months he'll be more used to her. He likes Chinese food and he slept almost the whole time and the rest of the time just ate up everything smile.gif Then we went out and bought a tricycle for Jake. LOL Funny Date.

My rings are loose today! They have been tight for so long its a funny feeling.

------------------

becca.jpg