MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

New Year coming up...

Guest Guest

Ok, I have to confess...I hardly ever come in here because I KNOW I should be excersising and taking better care of myself but am not. Last year for my birthday, Christmas and everything else, my DH gave me a Tony Little Gazele airwalker machine thing. The problem is, I don't have very much discipline to keep it up. I was doing well for a while, but now I'm not doing it at all. We live in an apartment, so it's permanently set in the livingroom, and I still don't do it. I feel really bad about the weight I'm gaining, even though my DH says he loves me just the way I am.

So, any ideas that you might have so that I can have more discipline, I'd greatly appreciate it...and I'll even come back in to check your answers! grin.gif Thank you!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Hi Happygirl, boy, do I know where you're coming from. Exercise is not my thing either but when I started walking awhile back I started marking each day on my calendar. As the marks on the calendar stretched from weeks into months without missing a day I was determined to keep it up. Now I don't want a big empty square on that calendar staring me in the face so I'm determined to keep going.

My treadmill sits in the living room too so I turn on the sattelite dish to one of the music channels. When it's gone through 19-20 songs I uncover the distance and usually find it's right at my 2 miles. It works for me anyway! grin.gif I also have a large print book sitting there to read while I walk. Anything to keep my mind occupied for that 45-50 mins. each day.

Good luck!!!

------------------

dee.jpg

Oh Man.....excersise is a swear word to me....although i spent the morning shoveling....i like that kind of excersise...but can't do that everyday.....

I sure have had fun eating anything that wasn't tied down .....but i told myself after the Holidays were over....i'd be a good girl and start watching it again....maybe......hopefully.....maybe....

Guess i'll try....maybe....if i hafta....maybe......

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

rotfl.gif You guys are FUNNY!!! That's what I feel like, too, Deb. Thanks for the flowers, Brigid, you're too kind grin.gif

Dee, the caledar idea is very good...it might just work! Do you think it's cheating if I don't start until the New Year? grin.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Just wait after the first of the year, HappyGirl and then we are all going to start doing what we have to do. smile.gif

We will start walking more and COUNTING the miles. smile.gif We don't have to do real hard exercise to do the trick so we will just work at it at our own speed.

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

gotta walk, gotta walk, my motto starting today... because I have been off work and eating way more than I am used to Ihave put on a few pounds. I will walk them off. however I am cooking a turkey today, sigh, oh well while it is in the oven cooking I will go for a walk. No time like the present.

Hey purple elephant where are you? Not shoveling more snow I hope. Although that is great exercise to.

grin.gif

------------------

brigid.gif