MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday and Sunny

Well so much for all of my housecleaning last week. My house now looks like a bomb has gone off, what with 5 boys running around....my oldest ds had a sleep over and ended up with an unexpected guests, the boy just came on his on accord, but that's ok, I reckon, the poor child never gets to do anything special, so it was something fun for him. They chowed down on 4 large pizzas, 3 bottles of cola, 2 large pots of buttered popcorn. Then got up and ate a big breakfast of waffles, bacon, sausage, fried eggs, and blackberry muffins.Hopefully by now they are full.

rain almost all day today...

seems like I stayed busy and got nothing done. And now i am worn out.

DD and her family had to the Lake to get some work done on the place over there so they can start staying there. they need a hot water heater before they do start staying over there.

everyone have a blessed night

Well it's nearly Sunday now. But I just wanted to drop a few lines to ya'll to say HEY!!!!!!!!

I got in 28 hours this week at work. I know that doesn't seem like a lot to some of you, but my poor body feels like it was a lot. Such a soft whimp am I... We made plans to go to the rodeo tonight. Guess what? The family makes plans... And everytime we do it rains. I can't believe it. We have been waiting on this night for a year. I took a cooler back to work this afternoon since it was my day off. I should have known better... "Can you come in to work?" UGH. What was I gonna say?? Yeah I could have said no. But she didn't have anyone else and the girl who was supposed to work well her husband ended up having to do something so he couldn't watch the baby.. So we switched days off. I get tomorrow off now. The kids and I were on our way to the grocery store. So one more night without groceries isn't going to kill us. Of course I am having a craving for micro popcorn. We are out. Just sent DH (meaning Dear) to get some... Whoohooo big brownie points on that one. I have been working everyday but one since I started. I get to keep all of my own tips! There's not many as we are more of a catering service than a resturaunt but we do have some "regulars" that come in daily. Last night was the most I have made and that was 10 dollars. Hey that's free and clear I don't have to deduct that from my wages! We did try to go to the rodeo. Oh my did it pour the minute we got to the fair ground. Of course we weren't anywhere near our car. We stood under a pavilion for an hour. Then got stuck trying to leave. The kids and I got out to push. Sis fell down I was laughing so hard. Then Bud fell down. Funnier. If it hadn't been raining so hard and thundering it might have been more enjoyable. And since we were already nice and soaked we helped another get unstuck as well. The neice became muddy on this one.. His tire threw mud all over here. Halarious!

DH and I went and test drove a 15 passenger van tonight. It's a 92 Dodge 350 and they want 2000 for it. I thought that wasn't a bad price how bout ya'll? Boy we oould have used it tonight. We had umm lemme see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... Seven people in my little Dodge Spirit. We had teenagers sharing laps. OH I have some exciting news I am going to post it in Homestead in a few minutes. Well now that I have rambled on .. Tomorrow we go shopping, since we didn't get to today! I need new shoes those hard floors are killing me. And then Monday right back at it. I think for awhile I am only gonna work 2 hours during the lunch hour and then work Friday and Saturday. We will see.. The boss wants me to work for her sometimes too so she can have a day off now and then. She needs it the poor lady is always there. I am glad after only a week on the job she trusts me enough to take care of things. OK I really am going now.

Take care. Love and Hugs to all!

Dawn

Van sounds like a good deal...I suggest you have someone run a compression test to make sure all cylinders are strong.....a bad one will be an expensive repair and check the tranny fluid to make sure it smells and looks clean....if it smells burnt you're gonna have a $1500-2000 bill soon.

Dawn

we also check the oil and transmisson oils. take the dip sticks out and wipe it with your fingers and rub them together and see if it feels griddy, ... transmisson trouble in the near furture if it is the oil usually trouble with the crank. or pistons.