MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Morning everybody.

Glad to see that most of Florida may be out of the way of this beast Ivan. But the rest of us who may be in harms way, get prepared and take cover now.... I live in Southeast Tennessee, and it was reported yesterday on the Weather Channel, that if you live in the Chattanooga or surrounding areas to go ahead and get your flashlights and batteries ready that we will be needing them... In our area alone, they are calling for heavy rains and flooding, and winds between 40 to 73 miles per hour. This beginning Wednesday night if Ivan remains as strong as he is. So as of Wednesday morning, if they are still calling for winds to be that high, I will not be online for a couple of days, I have done made plans to go to a hotel. I live in a mobile home, it is sturdy and I know it will handle 40 mile per hour winds, but I am not chancing anything more than that.I already have my totes packed and sitting by the back door, ready to load in the car..I have one tote that has the first aid kit, and medications, extra toilet paper, wipes, plastic sheeting, duct tape, shampoo, toothpaste and brushes,candles, lamp oil, an oil lamp, matches, and 3 cylinders of propane for my camp stove, a camp stove coffee pot, one small cast iron skillet, one small sauce pan, and spatula and spoon, 2 dish towels, dish detergentetc.

Then the other tote has ravioli, chili, sandwich spreads, soups, crackers, peanut butter, cookies, candy, bottled water,bottled sunny d juice, and capri sun juice pouches. Mayonnaise, ketchup, ranch dressing, corn beef hash,can tuna, can chicken,

I have a cooler that Iwill fill with Ice just before we leave and I have plenty of lunch meats for sandwiches for a couple of days. and of course some chips and soft drinks and plenty of coffee...I also have 2 changes of clothing for each of us ready to go,I have flashlights and batteries, and have batteries for my weather radio....

So I hope everyone stays safe, please take care and post and let everyone know if your alright after all this mess....Otherwise, it is really nice day. Be Good..

Morning everybody. Hope you all in the hurricane land are safe.

I've been too busy at the Evergreen State Fair and at the shop too use this comnputer at my house in awhile. I worked as a concert usher at the fair, and saw the Extreme Motocross, Monster Trucks, Stacy Orrico, The Smothers Brothers, Sawyer Brown, Peter Frampton, and Tracy Byrd. Nice to get paid for watching concerts.

Last Tuesday my business partner told me he didn't have enough money for the shop, and I can't afford it on my own, so we been busy cleaning it out. Where I'm going to put things, I don't know yet, I'm a little bit overwhelmed.

Wednesday, DD started school, second grade! I don't know when she got so old, and it's only going to get worse!

wiccadstargazer sorry about your bussiness. but it was neat to be able to go to thoses concerts.

unikemon you sound very prepared... great job.. but hope and pray that it is all for nothing. good luck

today i had a good day.. DD took me out to lunch and we had a really good time. DH was feeling good today.