MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My first home

ladyfish

Well . . . my DH and I are probably going to be buying our first home in the next couple of weeks!!! We made an offer on a house today about 15 minutes out of town. It sits on 2 acres, so I would have enough room for my dogs to play, and still plant a garden without having to worry about them getting into it. It is a cute little house that needs a lot of love, but I've got a lot of love to give, so I hope that everything turns out well. We are both college students, so we've been renting for the past three years, and we are tired of paying someone else's house payment. And the crazy thing is that we will probably be paying less that what we've paid in rent!! Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all how excited I am!! I'll let you know how things go!!

Awesome Bobbie!!! I remember the excitment of buying our first house when I was 18.. I was pregnant with the twins, it was a huge old farm house I loved it. Too bad it was in the middle of town. We are in our 3rd one now.We have rented many a time, I know the pleasure you get from finally having something you can plant roots in. God bless! Let us know what happens!

Buttercup

• 2 weeks later...

You might do well to look a duplex and with the one side rented out you can earn quite a bit of money towards the mortgage....also check out owner financed homes as well...they have a bit more flexability....finally but not least.....try the rent to own houses as well....part of the rental applies as a downpayment.