MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunday Morning

Hello everyone. I've been up for hours now (daylight savings time does that to me). Missed posting yesterday but I had school all day. When I got home from school we didn't have power... so I rounded up everything we would need before it got dark (lanterns, radio, flashlights, etc). I had just gotten done and the power came on. I was kind of looking forward to doing without, kind of a trial run in case of something bigger. Oh well, I had everything I needed, except extra batteries. I'll pick them up this week.

Today we are going to rake our leaves and get that done. We have a huge canopy of full grown trees.... lots of leaves. That will take most of the afternoon. Then it's back to the homework.

Good Morning! Can see snow on hilltop out of "office" window this morning - snow level down to 2500 feet! So pretty up there instead of down here! Have bar cookies in the oven right now as we have friends coming for lunch and visiting this noon - haven't seen them in several years so really looking forward to catching up with them. Last night we had two of DH friends come for dinner as their wives are out of town and they were very appreciative of a home cookied meal. Then the three of them talked their radio controlled airplanes til after ten o'clock and I read so it was anice evening. The coming week is another busy one for us with a dental appointment for me on Monday, plus doctor visits and time helping our son with paperwork (he can't really read much with his problems and he was such a reader when he was a kid - ah well!) Anyhow Tuesday is DH;'s birthday and our daughter is coming up with our baby grandson (hooray!) for lunch and then more doctor appointments for me before we meet friends for Mexican food that night for the B.D. Feel so blessed to be so busy and have such wonderful friends, including those on Mrs. S. - everyone have a great day!

We had a visit from a family of "munsters" sat. night. We don't usually get any up here.

Our son told us they were coming, so when they knocked on the door, he opened it and yelled "Oh my God" and slammed it again. I don't know who he scared more, them or my sister who was visiting. After a bunch of giggling they trooped in for doughnuts and cider.

Picture of our ghouls here:

http://groups.msn.com/CatsSurvival/loishom...amp;PhotoID=225

isn't it fun to pick on the kids...

I would open the door before they could knock and hold a bag out and say trick or treat first. lol one little oone tryed to give me some candy. bless his little heart.

we really enjoy seeing the kids. each year i do something a little differant so the kids just don't know what is going to happen whenb they come here. of course we know most of them, and their family.