MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where is YOUR heart??

Tomorrow is the day we are to vote. Where is your heart, are you voting according to other people, or are you voting the way you really feel is right.

Since this is 'Where The Heart Is', I am going to put this here.

Sunday in church, our minister didn't tell us how to vote, or who to vote for. He just said, please vote the way God would vote. Vote for morals.

Therefore, I would say this is according to your heart.

Oh Snowmom, I wish you had not put this in here...... My heart is not where I think I am going to vote. My heart is with the Green Party but they never seem to win. I have decided to wait unil the last minute to vote. Maybe I will know by then.

I'm just back from voiting and yes I voted my heart and conscious!

Our precinct is so small there aren't too many voters but I was #86 at 9:45 a.m. If that's any indication it's going to be a huge turn out today just like we've been hearing on the news.

6:03 and I was voter #9...

I'm sure they've been busy today.

I will be putting in videotapes and trying NOT to get caught up in the "What-if"s until tomorrow morning.

Or maybe I'll pop in here and see if anyone is in chat. I caught Snowmom & Momo in chat last night and realized just how much I MISS it!!!

Got home from voting. It was busy here too. I'm really glad to see so many people voting. We live in a fairly small town and the city hall was pretty packed. There were three young'un's there. It was their first time voting. They came with their mothers... moms must be so proud.

We voted at 2 pm on our way to my Mom's they said they were over 128 then which is good for this little burg at that hour, it is farm country, so most go in the evening and our polls are open til 9 pm.

Mom is still weak, but getting a little stronger every day. She said my brother has been doing most everything, the house cleaning, cooking, errands etc. she is so pleased with him.

I am proud of him, too.

My heart is at the finish line. I voted this morning, and had quite a long wait at 7 AM. Of course I hope that my candidate wins, but if not, then I will do my best to support the winner.

Our Gubernatorial race has been wonderful! Both candidates have run a clean campaign, and there has been absolutely no mudslinging whatsoever. The two candidates are genuinely friendly with one another, and often agree with the other. Either one will make a good Governor, I think. I surely exercised my Independent vote this year, voting about half and half for the various offices up for election in our state.

My 17 year old neice took a week off of school, and has spent the past week campaigning for Senator Kerry, in Colorado. I'm so proud of her! She't too young to vote, but she's not too young to support "her" candidate. She won't be back until tomorrow night, but I'm quite sure that this past week has been far more of an education for her than anything she would have learned from text books. I can't wait to hear about it. My nephew voted this year for the first time, and he carefully watched the debates and made up his own mind.....can you tell I love these kids!

G'nite all. Tomorrow will hold some surprises for some of us.