MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Man....it's slow around here.....start postin people!!

Where are you all????? Where the heck is Cookie....it's waaaaaay to quiet!

Come on Snappie....How are the traveling plans comin and how's your snauzer...snawser...snowzer...doggie?

Lowie...is your floor done and your Rayburn back????

Sue ...hows you Dad-in-law and family doin?

Westie...Hillie....Farmlady...PeggyJO..Goatlady....MommieE.....and the rest of ya.

(i'm sorry if i forgot all your names...i'm over 40) ...hows your farm and what happens this time of the yr.

Who's cannin what?

I'll be here all day naming names and askin questions if you don't stop me....

All you newbies and olbies......start postin.... Pretty Please.........

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcUHRh9AutwpY9DM

Debbielee, your posts make me laugh!!! You're a hoot. The kitchen floor is only half done and the Rayburn not in. Huh. Last Friday, Bethany turned on the elctric immersion heater ( no Rayburn = no hot water from it, so have to use the lectric imm. heater) and all the lectricity tripped out. Therefore, last weekend was a day an a half fixing in a new immersion. The part wasn;'t expensive, and J. was able to do it, so saved money there, but it took time away from the kitchen. The hold up now is deciding which colour to paint the walls in the kitchen. We don't like each other's choices much, but I will probably get my way; after all, it's me who spends most time in the kitchen!! The new plumbing pipes got put in on Monday, and he hopes to have them fitted to the stove by Sunday night, but I'm not holding my breath! The end is in sight, which is good, as it's time for jam and pickles! It will be lovely when it's done, and we've saved a load of money by doing all the work ourselves, so that's ok. Just a little slow!!

Well Lowie...i'm glad somebody loves me..(tee-hee).

Thanks for answering!

Glad your coming closer to getting your stove back.....it won't be long before your enjoying it's warmth....hang in there!

My ...you have patience!

Love that you guys are squabbling over the colors......if i may ask..what are the choices?

I imagine you'll work it out to where your both happy.....ah....compromise...the magic marriage saver.

I've been wondering....is the electric immersion heater a big heated coil that boils the water? I think i've seen teeny tiny thingies that one might immerse in one's coffee cup to heat the water...that's what i picture...but larger. (i'm always asking you questions aren't i?)

It's great to hear from ya!

deb

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 28, 2002).]

Hey Debbie smile.gif Just busy homeschooling and trying to get my house ready for my brother's visit. He's flying in from Japan tomorrow for his 10th H.S. reunion.

------------------

becca.jpg

Father in law is doing a lot better. Had a little scare during surgery so only a drain to the gall and did not remove it. But excellent news about his cancer as the xrays showed there was no new fluid build up. Hubby had a week away and has been flat out since. It is good to have him home again. We will probably go down late September and help FIL clear the house as he has decided to sell it and live with the daughters.

Sue

Hi Deb,

I surprise myself with my patience sometimes!! I do try and keep things in perspective, when I compare my life with that of some people, I do realise how lucky I am.

The immersion heater is a long thing with two small tubes that actually goes into the hot water tank. We live in a hard water area, and it was very furred up with limescale, so that was probably the problm. We don't use it much, as the Rayburn usually gives enough hot water. Colours - Argh!! I like a pale stone colour and one from a range called "New England" called "homecoming" - a pale lavendery/grey/muted colour. Julian likes the Spanish Rose, which is too dark to do the whole room in I think. I'd like something a bit more neutral.(not like me at all - elsewhere we have lavender, primrose yellow and blue!) I'm sure I will have the final say as usual, I'm just biding my time. I like compromise as long as it's in my favour!! I've plenty to occupy me while I'm waiting - the hops are ready to pick now, and that is a big job, also getting the garden ready for the winter.

Hi Becca!!!

Hope you have a Great visit with your brother!!

Sue,

I'm so very happy to hear about Dad-in-laws lungs keeping clear! Thats real good news!

And happy he came through surgery! Glad your hubby is home with you and i'm sure DIL moving in with the daughters will ease your worry somewhat. (very nice to hear the updates...thanks)

Lowie,

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to change your hubbies mind.I was thinkin... Do you think -they really think they have a say in such matters? Men are pretty funny!

Don't poop yourself out doing all that garden work....i take it you will be making your beer? Do you have to let hops sit or dry out..or do you use them right away? Cuz your stove's not working yet.

------------------

The hops are picked and dried, then stored for use over the next few months as the beer is made. They keep for quite a while without losing their flavour. No news on the colour choice yet - am biding my time! It is a wee bit wet here this morning, but quite cool, so I hope to get outside later on. Even if gardening does wear me out it is an enjoyable and satisfying tiredness!

Hee! Hee! Hee! Debbielee, your post made me laugh!!!! smile.gif

It seems everyone is busy these days.

I have been continueing to organize and clean my dad's house for him, and when I am home I am trying to finish re-organizing mine and getting rid of things that I haven't used, etc. Wow...who has time to sleep....post....or anything! smile.gif My dad is a truck driver and is gone for a month or two at a time. He came home Wednesday, so I usually end up over there visiting him when he is home for the few days he gets off.

My dad gave my hubby and I his old pickup and so we are in the process of getting it worked on, cleaning it up and replacing the interior as the sun caused everything to fall apart.

So, that is where I have been....unfortunately that means I have been so busy that I don't have time to get into any trouble! smile.gif

Oh Maaaaan.....i don't know-o.....i think-o i can pick-o out-o the words..... study..spanish...and lot's of yo's.

Senior....i like-o your Rabbit-o and the Hat-o!!

Nice to have you here-o!!

Hi ya Sheppie....Back atcha Baby!xxoo

deb

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 30, 2002).]

Lowlander, have you considered using the rose as an accent color with your lavender gray? if it is more gray than lavender it would look really good. get a couple of samples and take them home and check it out.

best of luck with your kitchen, mine is coming together nicely.

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Well Have fun Lowie....and let us know when you get your way!

Hi Ya Deblyn!!

Thanks for the update! It's just so nice to know everybody is alright...even if it's a short post. I'm sure your Dad appreciates all the work you do! It sounds like a big job. And a hard job...i know your missing your Mom....here's a Huggie!

Well Hello there Monsieur_Lapin!!!

Bonjoiur...Bonjore....Bonjour........Hi!(Sorry i took spanish not french in school..40 million yrs ago.......Hola!.....and Aqua....that's all i remember)

It's very nice to meet you!!

I'm sure your right....it's the holiday/start of the school year/harvest time....all rolled into one.

Well-Thanks for posting and Enjoy playing in the traffic (or lack there off).

Welcome to MrsS!!!!!

------------------

rofl, debbie! thanks!! it's bonjour. I took both french y espanol en school. I'm still learning spanish now. "yo es un estudiante en espanol y yo tengo tres libres =). wabbit2.jpg

No fighting! Got my way in the end, although it was in a very round about way! I/"we"'ve chosen a goldy sandy ochrey mustardy type yellow called natural saffron, and it's very nice indeed. I went into our local fabric shop today - big mistake!! They've just taken delivery of hundreds of new cotton prints with everything imaginable on them - animals, chickens, New England scenes, flowers and hearts, sunflowers, clouds, otters, etc. I'd better start now on deciding for the curtains!!!

Big Howdy to Y'all..sorry it's been awhile..Debbielee I especially want to apologize to you for all the trouble you went through with the new ramp for me and I missed the grand unveiling. I've been kind of laid up...just had enough in me to go to work and then back home to bed. Back's been giving me some problems. I have a craked spine and going over potholes doing 50 tends to do an ouch. First day I've actually been online for awhile. I keep up with everyone;s posting at work, but I cannot reply back. Big Brother is always watching and answering

300+ E-mails a day tend to make your finger tips tender...Anyway, I hope and pray everyone has a grand and safe Labor Day.

I just gathered up a car load of teenagers and dropped them off at the local pool for 4 hours. It's so nice an quiet here now. Of course down here I made sure everyone had enough sun blocker. It's still hitting a 100, but the water is cold. Be talking at ya...gotta figure out how to drag this computer onto the bed...maybe I need a laptop..LOL///

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

WEll Lowie....i knew the hubby would come around....nice compromise!!! Have a blast picking out fabric for the curtains/table cloth etc!

Wheeler!!!! Hi!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wondering how you were.I had a feeling either you were very busy or wern't feeling good.....guess i was right in the middle.

I'm glad you like your new ramp!!

So Sorry to hear about your back.....You mean Texas has pot holes toooo ...i thought that was just a Massachusetts thing. Man those things will kill your car and your body!

My hubby broke his back in the service..it never healed properly...he has nerve damage......he's always in pain...(even after all these yrs....i see what he goes through....so i have a slight idea what your talkin about....ouchie for sure.....yup..when i hit the lottery...i'll buy you a laptop....it's much easier than sitting with that monitor/keyboard on your belly.

Well...thanks for checkin in...so glad to know your doing ok!

deb

------------------

[This message has been edited by debbielee (edited August 31, 2002).]

Man oh man Debbielee you're right about it being slower around here. Let's hope people get their kids in school, gardening and canning done, etc. and get back here pretty soon. This is getting old!!!!

------------------

dee.jpg

[color:purple size=4]hey i got an idea....every one of us users gets a point for posting...after 500 points, we get to sneak into your moderator (teacher's lounge?) rooms for 1 whole day!! sound good? lolol. I'm just kidding. =)

wabbr2.GIF