MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

winter

Linda

I really like the snow. I don't like to drive in it. But when I look out my windows across our ten acres here,it's very beautiful. My children can go outside and entertain themselves for hours in it and laugh together. Which is something teenagers don't do very often in any situation. I love to smell the fires burning. I like Christmas lights. And as winter sets in I like to relax with all of the seed catalogs and plan my garden for spring and it's promise of new life.

More reading, sewing, quilting, and baking....

Christmas is my favorite thing of winter. During Christmas all of the family gets together to have a birthday celebration for Jesus. We sing, eat, play games, and read from the bible. When the kids get their stockings before they can enjoy any of it they have to come up with a God related sentence for it. Like if they get an apple they could say God provided this apple for me so that I may never hunger. Then we open presents put the chicken and dressing in the oven with the gravy on the stove. After everything then we clean up set table and eat. I just love the spirit that fills my home in this time.

Smooches

we made it up to 20 degrees! what fun is that? it is so cold even with my heater and fireplace going that I am bundled up like a stay puff marshmellow and can't move!

It is supposed to be 70 degrees out, sunny and warm!

like who opened the freezer?