MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

First Thursday in December

Morning Everyone. I brought blueberry muffins and hot cocoa. It is very cold here. We still have snow, but at least now it is only on the grass and the roads are clear. I have to travel downstate today for a funeral so I hope the weather holds off. They are predicting more snow, but not as heavy and wet as yesterdays. I think Unikemom is the best weatherperson I know....

I hope everyone has a blessed day... enjoy yourselves.

First off, I love your siggy, right where it is! It is great, maybe I should get one one of these days. It was misting and 40 degrees here this morning. I had made plans to go do some more shopping (we are looking for a porcelain doll for a friend - her husband asked me to do the shopping - he is paying - it is a blast!) Anyhow we had a lovely day yesterday what with our RC breakfast in the morning and then driving to Canada to make a "Brandy Bean" run! Had a list of people who wanted these absolutely marvelous candies filled with real Brandy, so ended up bringing back 21 boxes! What a hoot! Went to our Big Bird Christmas party last night and several friends picked up their candy at that time and paid me, and tonight I have boxed up four boxes to send to friends in Arizona that they are going to use for Christmas gifts. Anyhow made an offer on a porcelain baby doll yesterday in Lynden (about an hour north of us on way to Canada) and lady called this morning to say her kids said it was okay if she sold the doll, so DH changed his plans and his clothes and headed to the airfield to be part of a work party putting in new fences along our runways and my friend Gail and I headed north to pick up the doll, have lunch and go through some of the shops. It was a great day, misted most of the day but not enough to stop us going in and out. Would sure like to see friend Bobby's face on Christmas when she opens up this doll (we are going to put it in an RC airplane box to fool her). I really don't mind winter, though I know snow complicates things, but I am not afraid to drive in it and we have an Outback that goes as though it is on dry pavement and I am so grateful for this. Love to curl up with my knitting and/or a book and just relax and look out the window at the view. You all have a great day tomorrow!