MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

tuesday

morning all .. it is raining here, again. the snow is almost all gone.

I woke myself up huming a hymn ... feeling good so far this morning.

Cat it is nice to see you are able to be back.

Mommyof5 sure hope all works out between you and your friend. And baby gets better soon.

well everyone have a blessed day

Ducky,, just about sums it up. WE are having some flooding problems around our neck of the woods. Several roads are closed, we have had power poles washed up, and several schools have closed, with still more rain and storms to come today....

Dh went and got us a live christmas tree this year, we have the lights on it, but that is as far as we got, will finish today with decorating it.

Need to put on my waders and get to the store, in desperate need of groceries, milk, eggs, bread etc. I just have been in no mood what so ever to go to the store, so dh has been picking up whatever I tell him to get, on his way home.

Well everyone have a safe, dry and warm days take care...

Hope your feeling better. . That's all I'll be able to get

done today. Oh, I need to clean out my cat's crate.

That's another story, in short he got hit by a car

and has to stay in a crate for a month.

My days are sooooooo full now. Not like before Lukes

birth. Now I have him, my 5 yr old, and also

homeschooling my 9yr old.

Gotta go lotttttssssssss to do.

I used to freeze my milk,and I do keep the bread in my freezer, my stock just run low. I could have gotten to the store, was just to lazy and in no mood, to fight the crowds. But today I have to get it together and go do big shopping.

One of the reasons I did let the bread and milk run low, is that the kids have gotten so used to having everything, on hand when they wanted it. So I wanted to sort of teach them a lesson, that sometimes you have to improvise, that just because you want a cola or you want a chip, it may not always be there. Especially with the weather we are having, and dh not getting to work much. So I made homemade bread for the bread, I used powdered milk for milk, and had tea, kool aid, juice and water instead of colas. I just want them too know that you can't always expect to have all the luxuries, just because you want them...Iknow they sure have been a lot calmer and doing better in school the past week...Not so much sugar or caffeine... you have to take in mind we got through 3 gallons of milk a week, it would cost a weeks grocery money to stock up milk for this bunch

Morning!

I didn't get a whole lot done yesterday, it took me forever to wake up. None of us slept very well.

Nothing was said about Baby yesterday, so maybe it was all hormonal.

Today I'm going to work on the cabin, and get some potatoes in the dehyrator. I also have some onions I need to put up in the freezer.

Dinner tonight is chicken and biscuits and gravy.

Hello all! Well, it's the holiday season and once again I feel like Typhoid Mary since everyone decides to get sick at Christmas. Today am taking oldest DD to doctor, she has a sore throat. DD number two is taking the day to go to work with Dad. They all love to get a chance to that. Except PJ but she is not yet two years old. It is cloudy here on the island. Looks as if it can't decide if it wants to rain or not. I vote for no rain. DH did alot of bulldozing this past weekend and rain would mean mud tracked into the house along with all the pine needles.

I know some are not having the best of times with weather these past few days what with storms and flooding, etc. But I love to read about all the snow that some of you get. It does not snow much in my part of Washington state. It's funny around here it might barely be snowing but as soon as its mentioned everyone runs to the windows or door to look outside and get all excited. Even me. On Sunday we went to a pancake breakfast for all the volunteer firefighters and someone said it was trying to snow and a room full of adults ran to the door to see it. What is it about snow? Especially afterwards you go outside and the air is so clean and crisp and everything is quiet. And then you decide to tow the sleds behind the riding lawnmower. What fun that was! My back end was so numb afterwards I could hardly walk!