MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well folks, I believe that winter has arrived early. I have been on the weather forums for a little bit this morning and watched the weather channel last night and this morning, for our area in Tennessee, we are being advised to stay tuned the weather for the next couple of days, for right now it looks as if come Monday we may be in for our first winter storm,, YEEEHAW...

I am going to do up any remaining laundry, and do some more baking today. I made my pumpkin and pecan pies yesterday... and will make my candies today. Plus have to get ready for my bingo game $31,000.00 jack pot tonight...

Everybody take care and stay warm, if you live in Tennessee stay tuned to your weather, Sunday into Monday looks interesting, this also goes for Parts of Alabama Georgia....plus several other states...Just check your local weather....

Morning!

Well, it's not cold here yet, but a small front is supposed to be moving in, will leave us with a bit of snow.

Tonight is our Christmas program. They cram in every grade, from Pre-K through 12th, in to one night, glare at us when the younger kiddoes get noisy along around bedtime, but won't let us pick up our older kids until the whole thing is done. I plan on being a bit evil this year if my kids get glared at once 8 pm rolls around and telling the band director that she needs to let the little ones go home early or the parents are going to be the ones throwing fits. WE go through this 2-3 times every year and I am, quite frankly, tired of it, On the one hand, being a rural community, I can understand the need to have it all in one night, on the other hand, if you expect my 4 year old child to be quiet and on best behavior way past her bed time, you need to re-evaluate your decision to teach. The first year we were here, I got glared at by the band leader for her fussing, and then by everyone else in town for discreetly nursing her (she wasn't a year yet). I do NOT look forward to these events at all. They have all the enjoyment of watching the kids sucked out of it by the attitude of the band director.

OK, end rant!

Today I am working and cleaning the kitchen. Why is it that I have to do that every day? LOL. Just for one day won't it do itself? Made cupcakes for youngest DD's bday (it's not till saturday but we're doing the school party today) and took a shower and did some laundry, now off to work on kitchen and living room in between work. Tonight's dinner is ham and potato soup-nice and quick. Well, OK, not quick, but I can have it done on time LOL.

Evenin all.. Remember a few months back when that little number at the top said that there was 115 days until Christmas? Who in the heck fast forwarded that thingy??? 9 days? Approaching way too fast, someone slow it down!!! olebillygoats over there snorin again.. Poor guy has been working OT all week! Will be a nice Christmas check. Tonight he brought home the annual Christmas ham.. You know the processed kind... Oh well meat is meat and I am thankful, plus it was free.. Man it's been downright cold here! I want a little snow if it's gonna be this cold. I have the downstairs clean all but cleaning out the fridge! I think it would be easier to buy a new one! lol... Then clean both bathrooms and my room and we should be ready for Christmas Day..well as far as the house goes!!!! OK I will go for now.. Take care..