MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rain Rain Go Away....

Synn

Wow it's been in the 60's here in Illinois! And it has rained the whole live long night... What a mess.. I took the downstairs tree and most of the Christmas things down yesterday. I left the snowmen.. I mean it is supposed to be winter here. What's the deal??? Today I go back to my normal work schedule.. It sure was nice having all those days off. Children return to school also.. And maybe life can return to some sort of normalcy..

Dh just left for work.. Has to go the long way because I am most sure the bridges through the country are flooded..

You should see the iron skillet my brother in law got me for Christmas.. It's huge. It must be a 14..

What did everyone eat on New Years Day? In my household growing up, we had a German tradition of Pork and saurkraut.. So I made a huge porkloin and saurkraut in the woodstove.. Man was it ever good.. Then yesterday we had dh's folks over for supper.. We fixed deer steaks over the open flame of the stove, and baked potatoes.. Maybe now that the holidays and entertaining are over I can finally come back to MrsS on a regular basis! I have missed everyone. And do check in often to see what has been posted.. I am dreaming of spring and all that comes with it.. Gonna start looking into planning the garden..We are thinking of expanding this year.. Yippee.. Well I should go.. Good MORNING all!

WEll it is supposed to be another warm, pretty day here today...

Have to get the laundry done up, and get book bags ready for school to begin tomorrow, the boys are ready, to go back..

On yesterday's post I was talking about dh's child support case, after I reread it, I had made it sound like that he doesn't pay his child support on purpose...At first that was the truth, that is how he got behind $30,000.00. But, in the past year he has paid back $10,000.00 of that. He does try, it is just that money has been so tight lately, what with all the bad weather. He hasn't been able to work. This past week is the 2nd actual full week of work, that he has had since september....

Dh's boss is supposed to go with him or at least give dh his work book so the judge can see that it is not because dh hasn't been wanting to pay, just that with supporting another family, it has been hard... whatever the outcome, I am going back to work....I have too for my piece of mind...

Ok enough of the downer stuff.... Did everyone have a good Holiday.. I guess we did..The kids enjoyed it....But thank goodness, it is getting back to normal around here....

Hope everyone has a good day, take care

Good morning!!! Yes, the weather here is still spring-like. DH and DS have been going trout fishing for the past few days. They are getting a good supply in the freezer. School starts back tomorrow so they won't be going after today.

Last week was a terrible week at work. My hours will be changing again starting Tuesday. That's a good thing, I guess. More time at home during the day. I won't be changing positions in the company for a few months. I was MAJOR disappointed because I really want to work Monday thru Fridays with normal daytime hours (8-5).

Now I work 6 days a week- evenings, and 11 hours on Saturdays. Whew! I'm tired!

Hubby is still working 7 nights a week. He should get a better schedule within a week or two.

I had the entire weekend off and it was wonderful. We did our weekly shopping on Saturday and that gave me Sunday to be home. It was a more "normal" weekend. I loved it! Although, I did not get my Christmas tree nor decorations put away.

Archived