MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mozart

Guest Guest

I was doing some research on Mozart one day because I wanted to show my daughter pictures of his keyboard in his house in Salzburg.

I played these many years ago when I was there. I also played the pipe organ at his church where he was the organist.

This was all of interest for me because my grandfather was born and raised there. I knew that our family had been in the town for many generations and I was sharing all of this with one of my daughters.

I came across a couple of articles on two pieces of music he wrote for one of my great, great, etc. grandmothers when she was very young and also for her sister who would have been a great, great, etc. aunt. I thought that was so neat. I was able to go to the campus music library and look them up and get copies. So cool.

On the down side... I also found an article on Mozart's Bowel Habits. Too funny. You never know what you'll find when you're doing family research. ROFLMBO

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

[This message has been edited by logcabinmama (edited September 23, 2002).]

LCM, it really is something what you find, isn't it. smile.gif

It was after we were on the internet that we found that we were related to Susannah, North, Martin. I have a cousin who is also related to Rebecca Nurse. For information on them you can go to the following urls. There is a lot of reading on the sites as well as other sites they have listed. smile.gif

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nwa/sm.html

http://www.rootsweb.com/~nwa/witch.html

Also, Old Pine has one of the 'Dalton Gang' members in his family history. smile.gif

One just never knows who they will find, do they. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

• 2 weeks later...

How exciting LogCabinMama. I would love to read your family genealogy. I love Mozarts music and I find your information enthralling. To have played Mozart the great masters own keyboard and pipe organ at his church is very exciting indeed and to top it off to think that he wrote your great great..grandmothers music just for them, thats the ultimate.

If you have children you will be reading a poem very shortly for them around Christmas.

You may have heard of it? It is called " Twas the Night Before Christmas by Clement Clark Moore ( and he did write the poem which was under dispute) a direct great great........great uncle of my husbands. His side of the family were noted for revolutionary and civil war hero's as well as being direct decendants of royalty in England. In this country there are monuments and towns and waterfronts and other cites that bare our last name.