MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Last Friday in January

Bamboo

Morning everyone. Boy was it cold here this morning, -12 actual. I didn't hear the wind chill. I might be getting out of this cold for a few days...

My step-mother-in-law (smil) fell and broke her knee down in Florida. Hubby just talked to fil and she came out of surgery okay, but he is emotionally stressed. They are well into their 80's and her son is not planning on going down to help.

I know (from working in a hospital) that her recovery is going to be long and she will need someone to help. Hubby is looking into going down (if it's cheap enough, I may get to go for a couple days too). I usually handle all of their doctors appointments, etc. Not exactly the type of vacation you want, huh? It always seems as if something is going on. I'm sure you all can relate.

Enjoy your day and keep warm

Too bad your MIL fell. I know we went through alot with my MIL. She fell alot and broke several bones through her final years.

It's not real cold here but we may get some light ice tonight. We are right on the border of the ice band forecast. At least we don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. Even if we do get ice it will thaw by 9 or 10 am.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Archived