MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Not quite Saturday

Nelda

Hello all! Hope everyone is doing fine. Things are good here. I can't remember the last time I posted, been busy mount vernonizing my home. Things just get to crowded around here that and we suffer from "TMS".

Buttercup - I read your post from the other day about homeschooling your Jo and I think its a fine idea if that's what you want to do. Also I think I would have a chat with your child's teacher. Some of those messages home seem a bit harsh. I wonder if maybe for some reason the teacher has taken a personal dislike to your daughter. My oldest daughter Hayley is in third grade and is very hard to keep her on task and grounded while at school but I have never recived any messages from the teacher like that. I think that even if you do decide to homeschool that maybe you should find out what this teacher's problem is, so she can't pick on any other students in the future. Most kids can read by this time in first grade and their should not be notes on the child's work like that, it will not build self esteem and a love of learning. Good Luck with everything. I will be praying for you and your Jo. I sincerely hope all goes well.

Ann

Oh, one more thing our oldest Hayley has epilepsy and just the other day I was contacted by the Washington State Epilepsy Association if I would be willing to attend a training session and then go to a dinner and address state senators and representatives with out families story and so forth, problems with insurances, medications, doctors, discrimination, etc. They want to try and put a face on epilepsy. What do you all think? I've never been asked to

do such a thing before. Hmmm...

MOM

Morning all. I made some blueberry muffins for breakfast, help yourselves.

Buttercup, I have a nephew that is 10. I have to agree with Mom about a teacher taking a dislike to a child. All of his teachers thought the world of him, until this one. It has really affected his behavior. You might want to check that out. (I still think homeschooling is great, but then again, I don't have kids

Thanks for your input Mom... I sent my letter of intent to the school Friday.. I don't believe she dislikes Jo really..I think she tells me these so I will have a talk with Jo.. But I have her at home now and feel good about it... I think they think she's just like my ds... So she's kinda getting labled already... She's a mama's girl and maybe that makes her immature.. So I am going to let her be little and enjoy every minute of it... Thanks slgrubbs for the spelling list! Ya'll take care.

Archived