MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

cabin fever

Linda

who all has it??

i know i do. these gray days are yuck. the snow wouldn't be to bad if there was a little sunshine to go with it. oh, well. next will come the mud. but there will be sunshine. i hope.

anyways what are you doing to cure your cabin fever?

i have already done the deep cleaning .. our dogs are so well groomed anymore ... got almost all my yarn used up.

Not me. I guess because I'm constantly going, going, going.... I look forward to a little down time. I love the winter, so that doesn't get me down. I love living in Michigan because we see four distinct seasons and I love each one, good and bad parts to all, but I love the changes.

When we lived in Colorado we had winter, mud season, and summer. Even the locals left town during mud season.

I have it bad, only because the weather has been too sloppy for the children to play outside at all. (We have seven in the house at the moment.)

I'm going to have them start seeds today, maybe that will help.

Yes, i must come clean,I do have this disease,,,, I am sick of winter,,, but because we have had no snow at all, except a few flurries and one little ice event that lasted one afternoon and that is it,, the rest has been rain, rain, rain... But am beginning to get a little excited looks as if The Tennessee Valley will be in on a Major EAst coast snowstorm by Monday!!!!

I came down with bronchitis the first week of February. Missed half a week of work. Looked forward to getting to Las Vegas, in hopes that the dry air would help me get well. We just returned, and it rained, it poured, the whole week we were there. Now it's back to the Dr. AGAIN, in hopes of warding off pneumonia. Cavey made it through the week in Vegas, and is now sick. Yuck! I'm ready for spring for sure.

Mare it's good to see you post! Sorry everyone is so blah.. I know what you mean though.. I go to work every day but I still have it.. We have some sunshine today it's 41.. It's not very warm but oh that sun looks wonderful! Ok Unike in order for you to get snow it means that us northern folk have to have something too.. If'n it does get here I am gonna come find you.. It's nearly March. We are starting to see Robins and my Olebillygoat swore he heard peepers the other night.. And why not that day it was 65 out.. Last Tuesday oh boy was it beautiful.. But the next day it was 30.. Mother nature sure is cruel sometimes! Well hubby and I are off... We won a free dinner at Ponderosa for us and 6 friends.. Too bad we have to sit through a fire safety program afterwards.. But I figure hey they are feeding us least I can do is listen! I might learn something! Have a great week everyone.. Spring is in sight.. Hold on...

Well, cabin fever isn't something I hafta deal with much down here, except when threatened by hurricanes...then I hafta put the shutters up all over the house and it feels like I'm living in a cave and I hate it. The winters down here are mild, and as I've said before, it's our growing season so there's lots to keep me busy.

I've just been canning up a storm, laid out in the sun for a few days, canned, canned, canned and plan on canning today. The days seem to fly, it doesn't feel like I get much accomplished, although I hope that's not true. I need to get out into the garden and plant some more before I run out of time and it starts getting too hot.

Well I hafta get my daughter ready to take her to school, I'll come home and have about 3 more cups of coffee to really wake up and then the day will begin. I plan on canning some more, the girls have swim class this afternoon, I think I know what I'm gonna make for dinner already, so we'll see.

The best laid plans, at least for me, don't always seem to materialize lol.

Hmmmmmmm.....a little maybe. But my DH took the day off from work yesterday and we were able to run some errands together and then go out for supper. We had a ton of fun! I think that helped me a lot.....

Archived