MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Canning Question...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I know that here at MrsSurvival we don't promote canning of dairy products, but today I was out of milk and making belgium waffles for the kids. I had a box of store bought instand nonfat dry milk, so mixed some of that up to use in the waffle batter.

I was wondering if the instant nonfat dry milk, could also be used in canning, being that it is missing the *fat*?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

good question!

though if you get a goat or cow you would never need to worry about milk. When canning, omit the milk, when you wanted say cream of ? soup go out and milk the goat or cow and add in when heating

(city people! instant milk ...bleck!)

Guest Guest

*darlene SWATs westie and cat...*

You two are such TROUBLE makers...rofl

City Slicker, eh?

Well lemme tell you how much of a city slicker I am...since ya'll IGNORED my question here forever, I decided to do some research...I called county extensions all over the United States and NOBODY knew the answer...leave it to me to stump the expert!

Anyway, I finally called the US Government and got my answer!

HA!

I know something you don't know...na na na na naaaaaaaaaaaa na!

*darlene zips her lips and isn't gonna tell the trouble makers what I learned...*

lol

Guest Guest

so ya can't have a cow or goat eh? think that'd P.O. the neighbors? go ahead and try it. Call it am 'illegal lawnmower' that doesn't use a leaf blower!

Did you know that Non-Fat dried milk has an expiration date? that there is still fat in it? and it will go rancid? Now cow or goat does come with an expiration date too...but it is much longer then dried-powdered milk..more like 12 years! But getting rid of the carcus is much more palatable then eating a card board box!

never mind... I have only had 1 sip of tea and my eyes aren't quite open yet *yawn*

Archived