MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

F ~Canning Pasta? Freezing Ravioli?

rockncook

i have canned and froze leftover pasta dishes. don't really care for the canning of .. comes out mushy.... i have also found for me to cook the frozen fight from the frozen state not to let them thaw first. works better for our taste.

Guest Guest

I had thought about canning spaghetti sauce with pasta and even did a few trial runs with it...

The spaghetti was mush and when I did further research on it the USDA strongly cautioned against canning pasta because it interferes with the product in the jars reaching the appropriate temperature for safe canning.

As far as freezing ravioli, that's a sure GO! and works out awesome...just make sure you freeze them on a cookie sheet or something flat like that so that they're not touching, and when fully frozen, throw into zip lock bags, or whatever you plan on storing it in. When you go to use, boil frozen until done...

Good luck!

Well then how do they make spaghettios, darn it? I suppose they load it with a ton of preservatives and artificial goo to make it hold it's shape and taste.

When we were cleaning out the shed here, we found these thingies that make pastries, and there was one that is ravioli sized, so I'm goig to make some of those. I'm excited to get going on that little project, LOL.

Thanks, Ladies!

Mommy of Six

Archived