MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MOTHERS DAY

Judy Moist

I hope everyone here has had a nice mothers day..I started out rough, went through a bad spell of missing my mom, cried most of the morning.... then hubby and kids came home with 2 dozen roses, and a necklace that says mom on it with a small rose bud, and the kids made me some extra sweet cards at school...

Then around 5:00pm, the day took a bad turn... WE looked our window and there were 6 police cars, 2 ambulances, 2 EMS vehicles blocking the road way at our neighbors home... The old man that lives there,my dh and his boss were always helping him out with things around his place...They found his wife Helen, inside dead, and he had, had a stroke... He does not realize that she is dead... She apparently has been so for a couple of days... She always hangs out her window watching for the mail man to come, we all had noticed that we hadn't seen her in a couple of days.. or had we seen him outside piddling... But they were always going out of town, and not letting anyone know.....

I don't know who found them, but one of the neighbors who was really close to them had decided to go ahead and check on them... Unfortunately it was too late....Not a very pleasant day to say the least.....

What a sad story.

We had our family time yesterday. DS and the family came and we played outside for a bit. Then DS took us all to an Italian restaurant for our Mothers Day dinner. DIL and I preferred to go early instead of fighting the crowds today. It was a pleasant day. The girls had a big time with all the critters around here.

Hope everyone (especially the Moms here) had a nice day.

Archived