MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

DH's Test Results

Judy Moist

Hey everybody,I survived today,, and so did dh... the colonoscopy went well. They found 2 polyps, the doctor does not think they are cancerous, but went ahead and cut them out and is running a biopsy on them,to be safe,,,so that is all I know right now.. Dh is still asleep, he came home got something to eat and went back to bed to finish sleeping off the sedative... On the 17th dh will have another round of blood work done so they can recheck the liver enzymes and then on the 20th they will do the upper GI series...so that is all I know as of this moment, waiting for the doctor to call with the biopsy results which will take a couple of days....

Got a call from Walmart, they are offering me a cashier position with 32 hours per week.. I have an interview tomorrow at 2:00...dh isn't too happy about me going back to work, he is already trying to tell me that if I have to be at work before 5:00pm that I won't be able to do it,, well why not, he is only working 2 or 3 days a week and he is home by 1:00,, I don't see where we have any choice..I absolutely refuse to go through this uncertainity ever again,,,worrying myself sick on how I will support myself and these kids should anything happen to him,,seeing as to where he still refuses to believe that beer drinking has anything to do with his liver being messed up...I feel like a load has been taken off my shoulders since I got the call from walmart,, I still have to go through the interview process, but they have called me twice (2 different people) wanting to set up an interview, so they must have seen something on the application they liked.. I am kind of excited getting back into retail sales,, I was night manager at rite aid pharmacy for 4-1/2 years,, I know it will take a little bit for me to get used to the register and all the stuff they have to remember, especially with wic, food stamps, etc...the registers have sure changed since I worked as a cashier 10 years ago.

Been extremely hot and muggy here today, had some pretty nasty storms earlier this afternoon, seems to have settled down now...

Still have to keep a close eye on dh for the evening, but if he feels up to it he can return to work tomorrow....gotta go and get somethings done up... I may have to take a nap, I am now coming down off the adrenalin I must have been on this past week,,I feel like I am going to fall on my face I am so sleepy... Will talk to everyone later, have a good one, and stay safe and thank you for all the prayers....

I posted this over in daily diary, but decided to copy and paste it here also,so everyone who has asked can read what happened yesterday.. glad that part is over but still concerned about the liver enzyems,,, I am worried about the possibility of cirrhoses or alcholic hepatitis,, but will find this out next week.. everybody take care,,,,

Well the interview went very well,,I have gone for my drug test, and now just waiting for them to complete a background check..the game plan changed a wee bit,, it was supposed to be a full time cashier position, but they asked me If I would be interested in a part time position on the floor...they said with my experience it would be a waste to stick me behind a regsiter, when they needed me on the floor more.... I will be doing toys... (of course the kids are all excited about this)...this is only part time right now... but instead of being stuck on a register, I can work up to department management...You can go further with the floor jobs than with the cashiers jobs,,so I'm not too thrilled about ladder climbing, but if they got one strong enough to hold my big butt up, I'll climb it....LOL

Just waiting for them to call me in, now......gonna talk with dh's boss about him coming back to work, and if he will work with me on the work hours,,, I may have to go in like 4:00pm,,, if he will let hubby work from like 7:00 to 3:00(instead of all hours of the evening like before) this should work out fine...I believe he will work with us on this,, he knows that I am looking for work to help out.....so got a little bit more good news today,, I feel a big WHHHEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!! COMING ON...

Archived