MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Simply Staurday

ricardo

Good morning .

Nothing grand happening today. DH and I want to drive out to the back country road to get the most wonderful fresh eggs. Believe me if you saw/tasted these you don't want any store eggs. Really have to whack them to crack them open. They use oyster shell (which can be gotten locally) in some of the feed.

Next weekend is the Scandinavian Festival and we look forward to that. They have wonderful food, lots of booths with interesting Scandinavian things, a drawing for a trip to Scandinavia, the old pattern dances which I love to watch. Oh, and a big ol' guy dressed as a troll. About the first year I moved back here he walked up to me during the parade and said "Have you been kissed by a troll?" I'm sort of shy so was quite surprised. He gave me a peck on the cheek and a big button pin that said "I've been kissed by a troll". Same thing happened to Mom when she was visiting and I wish I had a picture of it!

Jan

Slide over Peacefulhome... spider is running to Oregon as fast as her legs will carry her..... it is 94 here, 100% humidity. I feel like the witch in the Wizard of Oz.... I'm melting.

I went out at 7 a.m. and watered my garden it was almost 80 then. I haven't left the house since.

Boy it sure is nice to have so many checking in again, but there are a lot we haven't heard from in a long time.

Archived