MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone willing to do a bit of searching in your area

Snowmom

I'm just wondering if anyone is willing or has the time to do searching in your area, state or such??

Is there anyone near Louisville, KY who is close enough to do some searching??

I can do some on line searching. smile

Okay, here is the deal...I am from the Louisville area, I can see if I can help in any way, what are you searching for? You can pm me if you like. I don't live far from there now and have to do a kid switch every so often. The ex lives in Louisville and I still have friends there.

Michael1 and Lori, we have spring here now. smilesmile

What I'm looking for is information on the Jones family. Yes, I did say Jones. smile

I am wondering if you could find anything on a Horace Lee Jones. I can PM you with more information too,

I do thglitterthanks.gif for your offer.

I think it would be great if anyone who is willing to help with finding genealogy for someone would also post in here. smile

Again, Spring is here. smile

Originally Posted By: Snowmom
I'm just wondering if anyone is willing or has the time to do searching in your area, state or such??

Is there anyone near Louisville, KY who is close enough to do some searching??

I can do some on line searching. smile

17. Elizabeth3 Sidwell (Nathan2, Nathan1) was born about 1819 in Kentucky. She married Horace Lee Jones on 22 July 1834 in Brown County, Ohio. Elizabeth was named an heir in the probate of Nathan Sidwell's estate on 18 February 1848 when George McLaughlin petitioned the court to summon the heirs of Nathan to make a final settlement of this estate.

Elizabeth and Horace lived in Jackson Township. They appeared on the 1850 Decatur County census. Elizabeth died before December 1864.

Horace Lee Jones was born on 25 December 1808 in Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky. He married Eleanor Sidwell, daughter of Nathan Sidwell Jr. and Anna Carter, on 19 December 1864 in Fayette County, Illinois. Horace was named an heir in the probate of Nathan Sidwell's estate on 18 February 1848 when George McLaughlin petitioned the court to summon the heirs of Nathan to make a final settlement of this estate. Horace Lee died at age 77 on 24 February 1886 in Jackson Township, Waynesburg, Decatur County, Indiana. He was buried in the Shirk Cemetery, Decatur County, Indiana.

Children of Elizabeth3 Sidwell and Horace Lee Jones were as follows:

73 i. Anna4 Jones was born about 1835 in Ohio.

74 ii. Catherine Jones was born about 1837 in Ohio.

75 iii. John Jones was born about 1841 in Indiana.

+ 76 iv. Thomas Benton Jones, born 1841 in Indiana; married Sarah Ann Scott.

77 v. James Jones was born about 1844 in Indiana.

78 vi. William E. Jones was born about 1846 in Indiana. He married Sarah E. Glass on 2 June 1872 in Decatur County, Indiana.

79 vii. Eliza Eleanor Jones was born about 1848 in Indiana. She married John W. Tremain on 2 August 1870 in Decatur County, Indiana.

80 viii. Emma Frances Jones married W. H. Frilwider on 18 February 1903 in Decatur County, Indiana.

81 ix. Mariah Jane Jones.

Found this online but don't know if it can help you?

Michael1
any information you have would help us a bit?

Googled it to see what came up and found this one?

MrsSurvival: Jones familyI have Horace Lee Jones, he was my gggrandfather. There is a Thomas Benton Jones, he was my ggrandfather. ... Charles Minor Jones b. abt 1823 in New York ...

www.mrssurvival.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=29485&an=0&page=5 - 46k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Don't know if you have seen it? rofl

LOL

Michael1, I was the one who put in that on the Jones family with Horace and Thomas Benton. smile

But, what I'm looking for is on his parents and other relatives.

You see, he and 3 brothers tried to swim the Ohio River and we don't know who the brothers were or anything more about them. We have the information on Horace and Thomas Benton, I don't know who Charles Minor was, but maybe related to Horace.

So, I'm trying to find the parents of Horace. We do know there was an uncle who had owned slaves too, and we don't know his name. We don't know if this was on the Jones side or the mothers side.

thglitterthanks.gif all for looking. smile

• 1 month later...

thed32ada7-1.gif for trying.

I'm just thinking this will be a loss cause. Or, it will take a lot more time to find the answers.

thglitterthanks.gif again. th6dee1705-2.gifhaveniceday

Ok ladies, I need something to help fill my hours of the day. I'm not being allowed to work and a lot of chores needing to be done I'm physically unable to do. I live in S.C. if anyone needs me to look up info. I live in the middle of a wagon wheel of towns. To the north is Spartanburg- they have a Big geneology room at their main library, the courthouse has weddings, wills and probate back to 1910. To the east is Union, great courthouse, newspaper office will let me dig in their microfil collection back to 1900. To the south west is Laurens, great library room(has a book with a list of ALL soldiers who ever served in a war for the USA), marriage licenses are easy access also(got my in-laws marriage licsence(SP) and paperwork they filled out to apply!) In a pinch will be willing to drive 90 miles north east to Charlotte, NC because I need to go do some searching for me too. One of these days I'm going to drive to the state capitol in Columbia and get a motel room and spend a day or two in the main archives.

Karen (and anybody else interested).

If you have some spare time, there is a great indexing project going on that needs volunteers. I have been putting in about 1 hour a day indexing the 1900 Missouri census. You can work at your own speed, and on your schedule. And since this is an LDS project, the results will be available at no charge to the public. So you are helping who knows how many in the future.

Go to the link below to register.

http://www.familysearchindexing.org/en/index.jsp

thThankyou-2.gif Karen and Rootdiggr.

These are things that some could do if they had the time. Right now this month is full and I won't even be in here as much as I have been. With the grandsons here and our DD and more grandkids coming soon. smile

thThankyou-2.gif again.

Snowmom,

Absolutly, not everybody has the same time to do everything that they would like to. My involuntary unemployment has allowed me the time to do things that I have wanted to for some time. I remember years ago being able to put 40-50 hours a week into special genealogy projects, such as a family history for a family reunion. Of course, since I started working outside the home full time, I have been lucky to find the odd hour here and there to do some research. So I am going to enjoy this time while I have it, knowing that it will not last.

Enjoy the time with the grandchildren! These opportunities will never happen again.

• 1 month later...

Archived