MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A note from a mom and aunt of two soldiers

ToAutumn

On January 2,2005 my 20 year old nephew will have his Marine reserve unit activated and he and his friends will be heading to Iraq. He's leaving behind a 11 month old son and a 4 month pregnant wife and various other family members praying for his safe return. Please add him to your prayers, as I pray for every soldier that is already there in the shadow of danger.

On a happier note, my 21 year old son arrived home for his first Christmas in two years from Fairchild Air Force base on December 22nd. He suprised me and wore his dress blue uniform on the plane "just because mom's never seen me in them" When he came through the security check at the airport and I saw him walking so straight and proud and mature looking, I burst into tears as I hugged him, all I could see in my mind's eye was my 4 year old little boy running up to me for a hug; instead it was mommie who stood with her head on her son's shoulder getting a hug while I cried for joy of seeing him. Another family there waiting for someone to disembark took pictures, I heard someone ask the lady if she knew us,she replied " No, but this is going in my scrapbook, that's a soldier's momma there." I was so wound up waiting for him to arrive that I didn't realize the camera my husband was searching for to take a picture with, was in my coat pocket as I hugged my 5'10" baby. I have so enjoyed the time with him and he'll be here until Christmas day. It's even more special because he told me that half of his battialion is being deployed on Christmas day and another 1/4 of the men will be leaving on January 2nd, that will only leave 4 men to handle to electrical work on the base and he is one of those 4. I have to thank the good Lord above for sparing me the worry of him going overseas for a little longer, the military no longer keeps an only son from serving in a war zone, and my son is the only male grandchild who will be able to carry on his family name. May all of you have a wonderful Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived