MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

On bedrest

rockncook

Just a quick note to say I won't be here much, I'm on bedrest until at least Sunday when I see the midwife, then we'll go from there. I'm having what are technically Braxton-Hicks contractions, but they are on-going and usual methods to stop them don't work. We think it's cause of the heat, but I'm taking it easy, this baby still has nine more weeks to cook!

Love and miss you all

Mommy of Six

Guest Guest

Make the most of the rest. You are going to be one very busy Mommy when that sixth young-un arrives. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

I hope all goes well for you and the baby. You will be in my prayers. My SIL had to go on bedrest this week. She is only 10 weeks along. They have been trying for 8 years to have a baby, and lost a baby boy at 21 weeks. I set up a hospital bed in my living room and she is staying with me during the day. She lives only five minutes away. We thought that would be better than her being alone while her DH is at work. You all pray for them, because this baby means everything to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Bedrest has extended until Sept 3 (I'll be 36 weeks then). Still having contractions, most aren't regular and aren't progressing.

We are having an ultrasound on the 25th because at my last appt. I had lost four pounds, and she's concerned about amniotic fluid loss. I doubt we'll be able to tell what the baby is at that point, but if we do find out I will let you know.

Will update you soon.

Mommy of Six

Archived