MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday-Start of Labor Day Weekend

Bamboo

Well the final big "weekend" of the summer is here. I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend. I have to work today and then I am joining DH at the boat on Lake Michigan. With gas prices like this.... it's a splurge, but we have to bring the boat home anyway.

Yesterday I went to a local Amish farm. They have a two day flee market/auction every Memorial and Labor day. I had never been, but a friend invited me to join her and two other friends for breakfast and then a day at the auction. We had a blast. I did a bit of shopping.....

On my way outside to do laundry.. I have a pounding headache.. The job I no longer have but she still insists me coming in on Saturdays and making the delieveries because my daughter who is scheduled to work can't drive and do them herself.. I say that's not my problem, don't schdule her for Saturdays.. Then she asked me to help work a catering tomorrow.. This is the last Saturday before my daughter is no longer my responsiblity.. And it's starting to hit me like a ton of bricks.. I just want her to be happy but today I HURT..

I hope your headache goes away!

As for me, I chopped down the giant weed tree on the house, got the boys haircuts and bought a part to fix the toilet. For some reason it's running like a flood into the bowl so I will have to try to fix it. Always something!

Tomorrow I'm going to go buy things to send to my mom's friend's mom to send to the evacuees she's hosting. And hopefully inventorying my preps and planting seeds. I never did get to the farmer's market so I am going to go to the fruit stand to buy peaches and pears to can. And then start canning until I run out of jars!

Archived