MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

First Saturday in October

redhenfarm

I turned over my calendar pages this morning.

I was up early because I'm going out of town to a meeting with a couple of other ladies. I'm meeting up with them in about an hour.

Yesterday was great fun. I went with 3 other ladies down the coast to have tea (lunch) and just talk about lots of things and look in some shops.

How's your day going?

Good morning everyone! I've been up since before 6am, because I had to drive DH to the next town over. His college cross-country running team is taking the bus up north for a race. He'll be gone all day, so I have to entertain myself! My plans are: catch up on MrsS, go to the gym, write some letters/send thank you cards to realtor and mortgage broker (they went above and beyond their duties to help us out...the lawyer is not getting a card!). Then I am going grocery shopping, so that I can try out the 7-day dinner menu that Pixie put together for me. She is an amazing cook, and I need all the help I can get. I am no good at thinking up every-day meals. I'd also like to try the Shawna-Darlene pizza that has been raved about down in the Kitchen. Tonight, when DH gets back, we'll probably stop in at my father-in-law's 50th birthday party.

~Jo

It's pouring down rain here, yesterday sprinkled all day, and the day before it rained a lot too. We need it, hasn't really rained all summer. I love the rain. Except that I was supposed to ship eBay stuff and haven't been able to walk to the post office to do it! I don't want the stuff to get wet!

Today I have more decluttering (papers) to do so I can clear more of my shelf off to start listing even more stuff on eBay.

Hope everyone has a great day. Blessed be.

I am so tired tonight. If you could hear my scream ARGHHHHHHH! about how today went it would hurt your ears. I met the two women from my ladies group at 7 AM to drive 2-1/2 hours out of town. About 2 minutes into the drive I realized the new woman who claimed the front seat along with about 50 bags she constantly rummaged through has serious problems and is a master manipulator. Friends, it was bad . Thankfully at the meeting I did not have to sit by or near her but then I knew we all had to get back in the car and come home. She told me she would give up her dinner money to help me pay for the gas. I thought "Lady, there isn't enough dinners in the world to pay for what this trip felt like today!" I let her plunk down $5 because although she groaned about how poor she was all the way there and back she also plunked down a lot of money at the meeting for "frills". So now I will say I'm not inviting another person into my car unless I know them REAL well.

Did I say I was glad to be home?

jo, let me know if that picky husband of yours likes my recipies. oh and sorry about not measureing out the spices. in my recipies. i just add to taste. i do not like my spices being dictated to me. lol meh. i tried cooking my rice with onion roasted garlic soup in the water and it was great! i bet french onion would rule!

~looks at clock~ hmm...it is not saturday anymore.

have a good sunday! heh heh

Archived