MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just got back from the doctor...

Guest Guest

my hubby has a bad viral infection. We even thought that he had strep throat. Turns out that the white spots have to have puss in them, and they don't.

When he was asking DH questions, one of them was "have you been out of the country recently?" The nurse asked him that too.

Anyway, I asked about what he thought about the avian flu. He said that that is why they ask if he has been out of the country recently. I asked him what he thought, and it seemed to DH and I that he said that he did think there was going to be a pandemic, but that since there was nothing we could do about it, why worry?

He said that it would take months to creat a vaccine, and even then, the virus could have mutated by then and not respond to it. I was a little irritated by his non-chalant (sp?) attitude because I figure that there may be nothing to stop the pandemic from coming, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to sit on my hands!

This is what they have said to us with their maybe, maybe not attitude .... "We can't do anything to stop it, so don't start a panic"

I am not going to panic, but I am going to prepare! Preparation will prevent panic in most cases, but they treat us like children.......... that they don't trust.

Archived