MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Praise God - rain !!!!!

kde_batt

On Sunday, our Governor declared a day of prayer for rain and for the grass fire victims.... and then on Mon night we got some rain and then about an inch of snow this morning ! It was warm enough that the snow only lasted till about noon, but it was moisture ! God is good !

I am happy they got the rain they desperatly needed.......but as for me right now I'm sick of rain... In western WA we are on our 24th straight day of rain. All the rivers are on flood warnings. Mud slides everywhere. Even my dogs look depressed....I WANT SNOW...not rain...

Les

I am so thankful for the rain we did get, but even though we had snow yesterday it was back up to 65 today and we are already under a fire watch for tomorrow afternoon. This is just really weird. But they are giving us a 50-70% chance of a good rainfall on Monday, so more prayers for that !

When you pray for rain be specific where you want it to rain. As with Les and Joan - I believe it has rained every day here since Dec. 14 and there are some flooded areas on the low levels. One poor family built new home and it is sliding down the hill so they had to evacuate. We went to see where that was and there are several other new homes there - I'd be mighty concerned if I were them.

More than placing our prayers where we need it today. I think that we need to look to God's bigger plan. Drought is both good and bad, so is rain. At times it is very difficult to see the good. Many of our early settlers moved because of drought and look where we are today. Life is very tough on people. God's plan is not just about us or me as an individual. I may survive or I may not but my life in this world was important to the world. Change and survival are a part of God's plan. We all play a part. We all live on this world in both good and bad times, but the total picture is not ours to see. We are given just a piece of the puzzle and we are called to make our peace as perfect as we can. Unfortunatly survival is not the largest part that we have to do. We must love one another, take care of our bodies, nurture the earth and influence others with our good works. It is through fear that we are imoblized and through belief that we are set free.

I have wanted to say this for a long time here, infact I never could quite find the words until today. I think I was helped out today because the words just flowed.

Archived