MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Pleased to meet yah

Guest Guest

Hey welcome DeltaMorning. My DH is retiring, hopefully, next April and we're hoping to take 6-8 weeks and drive to Alaska next summer. Two places I want to visit so bad are Alaska and Maine. Don't know why they have to be at opposite ends of the continent but guess we'll have 2 trips that way.

Tell us more about yourself as you sit back here on the sunporch and wait for others to welcome you. Help yourself to some popcorn and hot chocolate on this cool evening.

------------------

dee.jpg

Hi, Kathy! I'm an unregistered nothing from the great state of Missouri, lol. I begrudgingly vote Republican in national and senatorial elections;the rest of the time, when I think they have a slight chance, I vote libertarian. I'm really sort of half-way between in my beliefs, I guess, although once in a great while, I even like the Democratic stand on something (tho not enough to vote for them!), but government has gotten so big, that a little libertarianism couldn't hurt, imho.

I am new here, too, btw.

Alaska, alas, is one of the 4 states I haven't visited. I would love to, though! Do you live in city, town, country, mountains, tundra, valley? If you live in a beautiful part, maybe all of us who want to visit Alaska can come up next summer and camp out in your back yard...are you a good cooke? Only joking! (-:

I.m a great cook! And thanks for the welcome. I got tested this morning and passed with flying colors!

nothing like getting to the stomachs of the world.

I'll see yah in the morning!

Your friend,

Kathy

Good morning, Kathy, and welcome to the family. smile.gif

I have relatives in Alaska, but have never been able to make a trip up there.

We live in Minnesota and there are times in the winter that some towns in our state have lower temps than some of your towns.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

DeltaMorning - welcome to the family. Iowa here. You will love it here, I'm sure.

Curious to hear more about your survivalist lifestyle.

Miki I'm not 100% sure if I welcomed you when you first came in, but wanted to make sure I did that too... and anyone else I may have missed. I can't get in here for a few days at a time and undoubtedly miss some of our newcomers.

This is a great site with ALL kinds of helpful people when you want to learn about something in particular. WELCOME!

------------------

shepherd.gif

Welcome to you . Glad to have you join us. I've got the cooler of Diet Pepsi . I'm sure Lynne will be in with that other stuff. Pretzels anyone? Oh even have some Rolling Rock for Dad and Ed. smile.gif Ya where abouts in Alaska you live? Just general area. Not planning on long trips yet for summer. But that state sure would be fun. Diane

Oh just noticed the Valdez thats on the coast Right? di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

[This message has been edited by diinmi (edited September 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by diinmi (edited September 23, 2002).]

Welcome DeltaMorning smile.gif Someday I plan to come visit your state. I've heard so many wonderful things about it!

I hope you enjoy all the forums here at Mrs Survival. We're happy to have you join us!

------------------

becca.jpg

Welcome DeltaMorning!!!!!

Oh, the beautiful state of Alaska. I have never been there, but would love to sometime. I live in sunny So. California, in the desert. It was in the 100's today!

I vote regularly too! smile.gif What a privilege to vote!

Hmmmmm, any good recipes to share with us?

Well Hellllo there Delta Morning...... bigwave.gif

It's awesome to meetcha!

Seeing your a survivalist and a great cook...bet you have some great recipes for stuff like squirrel and road pizza.....(just joshin ya).

Welcome!

I brought you a lovely homemade creamy cheesecake with raspberries to top it off....and a fresh hot pot of coffee......

I hope you enjoy all the wonderful people here as much as i do!

deb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM

A Big Howdy to ya, Delta Morning...

Let me just wheel over and beg Debbielee for some of her cheesecake. She's got me hooked.

Alaska is a dream of mine. One of these days, I hope to so some fishing up there.

Gotta make this wheelchair into a 4-wheeler though and get some snow tires.

Oh Debbielee,I did'nt mean to be rude and not answer your post a few days ago. My back is doing much better. Thank You for asking,I

just need to watch those bumps in the road.

Don't think I'll ever be able to go out Jeeping with Ed. Darn it.

Anyway, Welcome to the family DM...

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Hello there Kathy! I'm just across the Sound from you in Seward. cool.gif

Since they changed the laws here in Alaska, I'm an 'Undeclared'. Don't like anyone telling me what ballot I have to vote on!

"See" you October 1st at the polls smile.gif

Sandie

------------------

salaskie.jpg

Hi Sandie! Seward is nice. I have some friends in Moose Pass. They didn't get a moose this year either. Did you?

The vote thing stems back to when Hickel jumped on the Independent Party ticket for governor and won. This voting rule for only being able to vote for your party candidate is for the Governors Primary Race ONLY. You can vote for whoever you want in any party until then. You bet I'll see you at the polls (except I vote absentee)! I'll have my Frank sign in my yard until then!

I've been in the Seward Prison. When I worked constuction! LOL I havn't made it to the Sea Life Center yet but I did make it to the Maui Ocean Center a couple of winters ago.

Happy to meet you Sandie!

Aahhh....you're one of the snow bunnies that hop across the ocean to soak in some rays wink.gif We head south to Mexico! Love the culture.

Thanks for being a Frank supporter. ANWR...YES!

The SeaLife Center is getting stronger due to research opportunities. They're upgrading the tanks and such this winter, so viewing is limited to two floors. Needless to say...admission price is down smile.gif

It is good to 'meet' another Alaskan at MrsS. Used to be two others a couple years ago, but they moved on.

Get a moose this year??? Not my favorite meat. It's okay, but I'd rather have salmon or caribou. The moose hang out in my yard tho... Now if I can get them to leave my precious perennials alone! Throwing spruce cones at them just doesn't seem to have an impact grin.gif

I wish some more sunshine for you!

Sandie

------------------

salaskie.jpg

I like to follow the whales. The same whales you see in PWS in the summer hop across the ocean to our 50th State in the winter. A mammal after my own heart. Hawaii and ALaska have a lot in common.

quote:

Originally posted by Dee:

Hey welcome DeltaMorning. My DH is retiring, hopefully, next April and we're hoping to take 6-8 weeks and drive to Alaska next summer. Two places I want to visit so bad are Alaska and Maine. Don't know why they have to be at opposite ends of the continent but guess we'll have 2 trips that way.

Tell us more about yourself as you sit back here on the sunporch and wait for others to welcome you. Help yourself to some popcorn and hot chocolate on this cool evening.

Iowa is about smack dab in the middle, you could toss a coin. Heads Alaska, tails Maine. Heads you win, tails you can write the great Maine novel.

To tell you a little bit about myself... Besides being a staunch Republican, like how to win friends and influence people.

I hate Seinfeld, Mad about you, Love David Letterman. Po'd theres no Bill Mayer anymore. Wish someday Miss Alaska will win the crown of Miss USA. ANd Peace on earth!

DeltaMorning....for some reason i wanna call you DeltaDawn.....I Love reading your posts!

Alaska has always been a dream of mine too!

Hope you have room for all of us!

Sidenote to Wheeler....i'll make you your own Cheesecake any day of the week Wheeler!

And i'm so very happy your back is better.

Your in my thoughts and prayers alot!! And if you go to Ed's.....pick me up on the way!

Is that okay with you Eddie?

xxoo

deb

------------------

DebbieLee.jpg?bcq4dr9AXqlYY9DM