MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

R ~Canning Beans

Synn

NAVY BEANS

Canning navy beans (do not soak)

Boil 2 minutes. Put into jars 3/4 full. When beans have been boiled let cool until you can put your hands in it. Then fill jars. Fill with clean water. 10 pounds pressure for 45 minutes.

I came across this.. Has anyone ever done this? Just thinking this might be an easier way of storing them than dry.. Plus you wouldn't have to worry about a way of cooking them... Just warm them up! Has this already been talked about? Sorry if it has..

Guest Guest

I don't know if this has been posted previously, but I think it's a useful bit of information. I'll try it when I start canning again.

I'm trying to find new places to store my canned goods so for now, I'm not doing anything. I'd better hurry though, I'm going to have hamburger to can, and I should do a couple of the roasts I have in the freezer.

I'm going to make jerky this weekend... maybe I'll have enough left to vac seal and put away.

Does it ever end?

Guest Guest

I've never canned just beans...i tend to make things with them like baked beans or cuban black beans, etc, which require a different method of cooking and longer process times.

Archived