MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

*sigh*

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I'm having one of those *sigh* days...

Reading today about the speculation over whether some flamingos have died in the Bahamas from the bf, really started to make this thing hit home even more.

I ran out and bought alot more meat but I sit here and see all the tons of stuff I have and it just doesn't *feel* like it'll ever be enough.

I got my Berkefeld water purifier out of the garage today, still in the box, purchased in 1998-1999 pre-y2k and never used.

I'm vacuum sealing tons of things into smaller packages to facilitate them lasting longer. I'm freezing some things, canning some things, trying to store food supplies in a variety of ways.

My youngest daughter made a comment the other day, and I don't remember exactly what she said but it was in regard to the bird flu...and how she knew that I was taking care of everything. As this stuff starts to get closer and closer to the US, I'm sure the media and everything will be talking about it everywhere. It made me feel good that she feels safe enough to put her trust in me in regards to this but I'm feeling a little like Jo was talking about...

I just wanna be me with all my hopes and dreams, problems and solutions, dealing with life as I've always known it. I wanna be happy and care free with no external cares in the world

Instead, I wake up every day searching the wires for recent reports on the bird flu, tracking it's progress around the world...on my mind constantly is *what do I still need to get, what do I still need to do*, and today after spending $800 on meats (I already have tons in my freezer and some canned so it's not like I don't have nothing), I'm just feeling that no matter how much I do, no matter how much I prepare, it'll never be enough.

My oldest son scoffs about the bird flu...I told him today he better take it seriously cause when it hits, we're gonna quaranteen ourselves in my home.

This is NOT like preparing for a hurricane where I always have more than enough to last through something like that...I can eventually drive 100 miles if I want to get stuff if I had to...with this bird flu chit, all I can imagine is being holed up in my home, afraid to go outside for periods of time, preparing for if one of us or some of us get sick, on and on and on.

Just talking about it here is starting to tick me off, but I'm sure that's a natural human reaction.

I just feel the pressure to can more, can more soups, can more meats, can more sauces, can more this that and the other...I love cooking and I really enjoy my canning but right now I feel like having a....

TEMPER TANTRUM

*sigh*

I know I just hafta trust God, but I'm only human and sometimes these feelings just overwhelm me...tomorrow is a new day and a new start and I have tons of canning to do.

Oh well.

I'm feeling the exact same way. I'm trying to do as much as I can on a very tight bugget. It's slowly comming but I keep worring that it wont be soon enough. But is it ever enough? We never know whats a head of us....Just have to keep pluging along and try not to go insane to much along the way lol. One thing bugging me to know end is if I try and stock meds/herbs ect. that leaves nothing for food. Grrrr. Next payday I'm going to stock up on some whole wheat berries (my grinder should be here soon). More rice, beans and pasta. Then next one maybe I can squeese in meds/herbs insead.

Each day I read about more people getting sick or BF in a new area and I feel sick inside...espeshaly when I look at my family and know I need to care for them...

Darlene, you have to trust God, My grandparents had been married about 10 years when the 1918 flu hit here. They were raising 5 of my grandmothers sisters and brothers and their own 5 and they all survived, Grandpa was a lumberjack, and walked many miles to and from work. They were isolated from most people then, but still had to come in contact in some ways. Their medicine was whatever the Indian medicine woman could get to them. Trust him, He will lead us through. We do what we can and leave the rest to him.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticl...&rpc=22

Experts are saying that five years "might" pass once

the bird flu arrives and after it leaves for Sweden

to have eggs and poultry again.

Can you imagine this happening here or in Canada? Stocking

up on poultry, meat and other egg products in an excellent idea.

I will be ordering some dehydrated eggs tomorrow. Does

anyone else realize the number of food products which

utilize eggs as an ingredient?

Guest Guest

Lois, I adore my mom but if I ever had to pick another mom, it would be you...you have such a gift of cutting to the chase and making sense...stopping me dead in my tracks.

Tea, yes you are right...I've been thinking about getting things for extracirrucular activities, cause that will be so important.

Schoolmarm, yeah i've thought about those eggs...I have long term storage eggs that I'll use for things like that...I just made 2 apple cakes last night that called for 6 eggs...in the future I'll just use the powdered for things like that.

Archived